VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
As you all know Passats are a classic example for cars having yellowing/clouding headlights. Last year I had AJ Detailing in S.J. polish them with very bad results. They are not all that bad, but you can see the progression every month. I was wondering if any of you have done your own with good results. I am willing to pay cash and some beers to anyone within the Bay Area. I live in Fremont. I live in an apartment complex and the management doesn't allow car work of any kind. I am willing to drive to your home. Any takers let me know how much and location (city). Either IM, e-mail or post reply.
Thanks,
Carlos

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Hey Guys,
As you all know Passats are a classic example for cars having yellowing/clouding headlights. Last year I had AJ Detailing in S.J. polish them with very bad results. They are not all that bad, but you can see the progression every month. I was wondering if any of you have done your own with good results. I am willing to pay cash and some beers to anyone within the Bay Area. I live in Fremont. I live in an apartment complex and the management doesn't allow car work of any kind. I am willing to drive to your home. Any takers let me know how much and location (city). Either IM, e-mail or post reply.
Thanks,
Carlos
We offer that service here at Winn VW. Shoot Stan a call and get a quote. 510.668.8041

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Hello , I can show you how to get those lights looking nice :) more than welcome to bring on by some drinks . I am located in south
SanJose. Pm me your number and you are welcome to come on by this Sunday

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Please, whoever ends up doing this apply some lasting protection so they don't end up getting like this again so prematurely. That's probably what happened with the first guy. When you polish them, you're removing the UV protection so you've got to augment it.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all of you for replying and commenting. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately (timing wise) my wife gave birth two weeks early and I am stretched for free time. As soon as things settle down I will contact one of you for the offer. The little one is lots of work.:facepalm:

·
Registered
916 Posts
congrats on the kid:beer: Just an update, you should pm "Geereg " on here. He has a set of B5 headlight lenses that are in great condition & willing to help you out. Just a quick solution to give you time to remove your old ones to save for polishing when you have time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts