VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I spent about 4hrs trying to get the T9351 DV+ from GFB to fit my 2015 Jetta 1.8 TSI. The space is too tight to fit the DV+. Don't waste your time trying to make it fit. The only way to make it fit is to bend the cooling lines going to the turbo or to unbolt the whole turbo assembly, which will take you FOREVER.
This is a very bad idea and could lead to BIG TROUBLE.

Save yourself some time and buy the T9359, it is a slimmer profile, which fits the 1.8 TSI 3rd Gen just fine. Again, don't try the T9351. It will NOT FIT. You will get frustrated trying to make it fit and maybe break something in the process....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Today I spent about 4hrs trying to get the T9351 DV+ from GFB to fit my 2015 Jetta 1.8 TSI. The space is too tight to fit the DV+. Don't waste your time trying to make it fit. The only way to make it fit is to bend the cooling lines going to the turbo or to unbolt the whole turbo assembly, which will take you FOREVER.

Save yourself some time and buy the T9359, it is a slimmer profile, which fits the 1.8 TSI 3rd Gen just fine. Again, don't try the T9351. It will NOT FIT. You will get frustrated trying to make it fit and maybe break something in the process....
thanks for the advice, from where did u order ur DV+

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's strange?! It fitted my 2015 A3 1.8 TFSi no problems at most a 7 minute job! Only thing I can think of is difference between Euro and US vehicles.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That's strange?! It fitted my 2015 A3 1.8 TFSi no problems at most a 7 minute job! Only thing I can think of is difference between Euro and US vehicles.
did u fitted T9351 DV+ from GFB? Any response from it?

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I bought the T9351 GFB on my 2015 Golf TSi and i had no issues installing it, i did the whole install from beginning to end within 40 mins or so.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Is the spring not too hard in the T9359? Isent it for the mk7 golf r which has a bigger turbo I thought then the Jetta? Or do they run the same stock psi? How's it working out for you no pigeon sound?

·
Registered
1 Posts
T9351 for 1.8T gen3 2015

I have the exact same problem I just bought the T9351 from GFB and send them an e-mail to let them know that the DV+ they offer for the 1.8T/2.0 and tsi engine doesn't work for the gen3 of the 1.8T I dind't remove the turbo or anything because nobody tried it for real:confused: but I am sure that the T9351 won't fit because there is no room enough to put their DV+ the older version of the 1.8T was much easier because it's on the right side of the turbo if your under your car to see it but for the Gen3 it's a pain in the a** to remove it:banghead:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Are you sure?

Are you sure the GFB T-9359 will fit the GEN 3 EA888 Motor on a Mk6 Jetta? If so, I want to buy one, but it seems no one knows for sure or has spoken of it but you. Did you actually install a T-9359 on your Jetta?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have emailed gfb to see if this would work as well. I have a 14' jetta 2.0 gen 3 non-mqb. I had returned the 9351 unit because from what I can see this would be nearly impossible to install with the spacing provided. The 9359 designed for the mk7 R's looks like it'll do the trick so I hope someone responds or tries it out. The angle it would relocate the Diverter valve looks just right.

·
Registered
194 Posts
With the placement difference of the diverter valve you wouldn't have trouble installing in on your ride. The non mqb version of the tsi 2.0 gen 3 only has maybe half an inch or less before the top edge hits the engine block. When you add the t9351 to the set up you would t have the clearance to bolt it back down...now I've seen posters who've removed the turbo and actually managed to install it but that's not something I want to do or pay to have done. The T9359 looks to be the best alternative to getting the upgrade without removing the turbo. Even if you managed to install the 9351 I would think it's gonna jammed up against the block. No bueno senior(in my opinion)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I installed the T9351 on my 2015 Jetta SE 1.8 TSI Gen 3 non-MQB, about 10 months ago. I did not have to remove the turbo or bend any coolant lines. It was a total pain in the a** due to the tight working space, but it does indeed fit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Never mind, I was able to make it fit. It definitely is a very tight fit, but there is still space between the DV and the engine block. I had to unbolt the coolant line from the engine block that is a little above the DV and then I had to kind of wedge it in there. It made it in and is now installed and works GREAT! I have a 2016 Jetta SEL 1.8t. I had recently installed a Neuspeed power module which caused a very loud whining noise whenever I would really get on it. The loud turbo whine is now gone and the over all responsiveness and turbo lag are improved. I have also been getting EPC lights every once and a while when I would punch it getting on the freeway on an uphill onramp. So far I haven't had any more EPC lights since the installation of the GFB T9351 DV+.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts