VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Passat VR6 that is officially out of warranty. I've done the suspension (ST coilovers). Not looking for anything crazy but what can I do to increase performance? I'm not interested in a full blown exhaust but I would love if it could sound a little throatier. APR tune looks attractive. Is there a better option? What about intakes and what not? TIA guys....

·
Registered
3,884 Posts

·
Registered
15,997 Posts
There isn’t a whole lot available for the 3.6. That said here are some items to consider:
-tune Malone tuning
-cams contact Paul K. needaVR6 he has 3.6 cat cams available in 3 different grinds.
-exhaust
—Either delete the large resonator if it’s like earlier B6/cc exhaust.
—Custom exhaust but it’s also worth calling Techtonics to see if they have something that’s not listed on their website.
-for the intake you can use the mk5 R32 forge intake and modify it to fit your Passat. I’d suggest you leave this alone.

No off the shelf crank pulley options.

That’s about it engine wise.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies - I'm considering an intake and an APR tune. Not interested in doing the exhaust because I don't want it to be loud. I definitely want a little extra growl and I read an intake will help. Is there a better tune option than APR? Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts