VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup guys. this is my first brand new car ever, and first that has ever came with warranty. well i busted my tranny last week, and i took my car into the dealership today. i told them i was driving and when i downed it into 4th from 5th i heard a grind then a loud thump. i then pulled over the road and checked my car out. i told them that i saw gear oil leaking so i gad it immediatley towed home. the service guy then asked me if i had modified the car, i told him yes, i had a intake and an exhaust system. i know i probably voided the power train warranty......but i should still be covered under the drive train right? anh info, comments, or help with will greatly appreciated along with some tips on what or how i should act or say. thank you for your time in reading this long post

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: *****WARRANTY QUESTIONS***** (Bug_Power)

hey right on man. thanks for reading it, and thanks for your comment. that really makes me feel better, because i know (or atleast) that i should be covered under warranty. what do you guys think? there is a lot of you guys out there with similar mods as me and not everyone is breaking down (tranny wise)....

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: *****WARRANTY QUESTIONS***** (krakboi)

yes i am wheel hopping badly. i am going to upgrade my susp very soon (shocks, springs, and the other stuff).
i will keep you guys updated on the out come.....i really hope that i will be covered

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Re: *****WARRANTY QUESTIONS***** (1gti2nv)

Wheel hop = satans child on our cars.
Can't say for sure, but I am going to make the assumption that is why you broke it.
Keep us all posted on what you do.

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
Re: *****WARRANTY QUESTIONS***** (DaBlackJetta)

I agree with DBJ. If you race alot Motor mounts, Suspension of some type(springs/struts/coilovers), and a Limited Slip are good things.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: *****WARRANTY QUESTIONS***** (Bug_Power)

*******GOOD NEWS*********
i had a meeting with the service manager today.......and after it was all said and done....they will fix the tranny for me, as a good deen kinda thing. but they said next time i break it........no warranty because of the mods on my car and because he KNOWS i race it. come to find out...some of the workers always go to the tracks like me and saw me racing there many of times, and they kinda squeled on me. i was mad......but thas ok.......cause the car is gonna be fixed. damn i am so happy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts