VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, the only rear disc beam they had was on a 91 Passat. That won't work on an A2 for rear disc brakes, will it?
Also, in the car, somebody was already nice enough to remove the radiator and dual fan set-up for me, and leave it laying. What kind of mods are needed to get the dual fan set-up shoe-horned into my A2? Will my A/C affect anything? It hasn't worked in so long, I'm about to give up on it, and gut it, but I keep having hopes of replacing the compressor someday and having air again...I love air

Anyway, is it worth it to snag the dual fan set-up, and will the rear beam work on my A2?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Oh yeah, I got quotes today for A3 knuckles/hubs for $75 a side, and I just got the knuckles, with brakes on them, for $100 for both

Broke

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Re: Was just at the junkyard...rear beam and dual radiator fan questions... (Broke)

i am pretty sure the passat stubs will work ...but not the hole beam i think it might ... but not positive ...a friend has the stubs on his gti and i dont think any mods where involved

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Re: Was just at the junkyard...rear beam and dual radiator fan questions... (Broke)

Essentially the dual rad fan will make no difference. It is hard to put in with the AC lines still in place but possible (I did it). Overall its really just for cool factor. If its about $30-35 I say why not do it then. If you need some ideas on how to shoe-horn it in let me know.

·
Registered
15,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Was just at the junkyard...rear beam and dual radiator fan questions... (Schu16V)

Cool....I checked the part numbers, and the Passat rear beam has a different number completely than the A2 rear beam, so scratch that idea
I need the whole beam so I can use the prop valve and so on in my brake swap.
I'll inquire about the dual fan set-up, see if I can stick it in there one day.
Thanks for the replies!
Broke

·
Banned
483 Posts

The Passat rear stub axles will not work as they have different bolt pattern (stub to trailing arm bolts, that is) - I remember checking it out once myself before I upgraded my 4 door to rear discs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts