VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

· Registered
18,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw one on my way into work this morning, I have never seen one on the road. Ever.
I was under the impression that it wasn't sold here.
What kind of sales numbers did it have? How many were produced/sold?
I would love to have it

· Registered
42,970 Posts
Re: Was the Forester STi sold in the U.S.? (gintaras)

It's probably not a Forester STi, but a 2008 Forester 2.5XT Sport. The '08 got the STi wheels and front lip. All of the '07-'08 Forester Sport models got the STi's front bumper, grille, and rear spoiler.

It's not a full-on STi; it has the normal Forester 2.5XT suspension and brakes.

· Registered
18,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Was the Forester STi sold in the U.S.? (AKADriver)

No, I definitely saw a Blue Forester with STi badges, one in the front grill, one on the back hatch door.
Unless the guy just did a badge job, it was an STi.. and this car was SUPER nice, showroom condition

23,692 Posts

Quote, originally posted by gintaras »
No, I definitely saw a Blue Forester with STi badges, one in the front grill, one on the back hatch door.
Unless the guy just did a badge job, it was an STi.. and this car was SUPER nice, showroom condition

other then the badges, how do you know it was "definitely" an STI?

· Registered
1,021 Posts

Quote, originally posted by gintaras »
I saw one on my way into work this morning, I have never seen one on the road. Ever.
I was under the impression that it wasn't sold here.
What kind of sales numbers did it have? How many were produced/sold?
I would love to have it

Short answer: No.
Long answer: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

· Registered
1,403 Posts

that blue came on a forester xt sport and the plain jane forester. we have a couple of customers with xt sports in blue that have put sti badges on them. still pretty cool cars after exhaust mods and whatnot

· Registered
18,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Was the Forester STi sold in the U.S.? (SSVDub)

Quote, originally posted by SSVDub »
we have a couple of customers with xt sports in blue that have put sti badges on them.

Damn, well, that's a bit of a let down.. I thought someone actually had a Forester STi around here

I still need to talk to the guy, must be a subie freak if he rebadged his XT, it had a nice stance to it too, most likely OEM STi suspension sourced somewhere.

· Registered
14 Posts

Sup guys,
That was probably me you spotted.
It is the rare 2008 world rally blue XT Sport with swapped sti turbo, intercooler and turboback putting down 300AWHP and 320AWTQ, as well as a lot of suspension mods. Still need to upgrade the brakes and transmission to fully justify the badgeing.

Modified by kamil212 at 8:51 AM 5-22-2009

· Registered
1,919 Posts
Re: Was the Forester STi sold in the U.S.? (SAPJetta)

Quote, originally posted by SAPJetta »
Well damn .... ^^^^^ There is your answer http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Isn't the internet neat?

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.