VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,912 Posts
Re: was working on the 16v today and snapped a few pics... wanna see (vw problems)

Carbs are sooooo tempting. I'm tired of replacing EFI parts. Its getting expensive. I just replaced the ISV ($180) and the micro switches on the TB ($140). I've had to replace the injectors, the knock box and both fuel pumps, too. I guess that's to be expected after 250K miles. I've got too much into it now. I should've gone with Webers right off the bat. Looks good. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: was working on the 16v today and snapped a few pics... wanna see (VWhombre)

if u felt the power they produce and heard the sound u would be wanting a set bad ..but thoes arnt webers they are better ....sk racing sidedrafts

oh and i have a almost complete twin sidedraft setup off my old 8v fs if there is any intrest im me

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: was working on the 16v today and snapped a few pics... wanna see (optikNurve)

carb setups can be had used from 200 to whatever
new i have never seen one cheeper that prolly 800..to around 2000 .......i had a old lambo mechanic offer me 800 a peice for my sk carbs .........he will prolly own them one day
......when i am done with them ....and part my car out ...cause its worth way more in parts ....but thats later down the road .........i plan on that motor being in a sweet cabrio with serious intake manifold pressure
it has a custom set of web cams ..head work and a brosal header gutted cat 2 1/4 exaust ..unorthodax pullies lightened flywheel ..etc way to much to list

·
Registered
458 Posts
Re: was working on the 16v today and snapped a few pics... wanna see (vw problems)

hey soli hit me up, gonna need some work done on weds or thurs of this week...the brakes finally and an eibach strut bar, lemme know which day is good. sweet pics, i still want those m3 tails off your car, better watch out i know where you live.
havent seen the whip with the borbets on it yet have you..this is the only pic i have for right now

[Modified by vdubbinit, 9:00 AM 8-19-2002]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts