VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my car to a self-wash and washed the exterior only nothing under the hood and went to start it and I'm just getting repeated cranking with no start. Usually, hear the fuel pump prime and now I'm not so I replaced it, and still nothing. Any Idea what could have caused this? I'm guessing it's related to me washing the car because it started perfectly fine till I washed it. Got it towed back to my place and trying to figure out what went wrong. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
if you have a shopvac, empty your trash, connect the hose to the outlet, it will be come a blower.. or a leaf blower.
check and dry all connector especially the fuse box on top of battery, VW flocker with their fuse box on top of battery design.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Took my car to a self-wash and washed the exterior only nothing under the hood and went to start it and I'm just getting repeated cranking with no start. Usually, hear the fuel pump prime and now I'm not so I replaced it, and still nothing. Any Idea what could have caused this? I'm guessing it's related to me washing the car because it started perfectly fine till I washed it. Got it towed back to my place and trying to figure out what went wrong. Thanks.
The electronics come on right? I've had a similar issue where it was my door locks/alarms causing the issue. Seems to be a security feature.
Close the doors, lock them, unlock them, lock them, try again.
I've also had luck with disconnecting the battery for a bit, reconnecting it and the car starting.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The electronics come on right? I've had a similar issue where it was my door locks/alarms causing the issue. Seems to be a security feature.
Close the doors, lock them, unlock them, lock them, try again.
I've also had luck with disconnecting the battery for a bit, reconnecting it and the car starting.
The electronics do come on, I tried this with no success, unfortunately.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Check ECM to see if water entered or is wet.
Checked it out and see no signs of water but this is a few days after. My fuel pump primes now just still no communication with code reader and just repeated cranking without starting. Do you think the ECU is shot? I'm gonna try changing out the ECU Relay today.

·
Registered
58 Posts
In some cars, no communication w/ scanner indicates a bad sensor been pull to ground. The most common culprit is the MAP sensor but not sure if your car has one.

The other way to do it, look at what sensors could have gotten wet when you wash the underside. Disconnect one,check for comm. w/ scanner. Do this until you find the bad sensor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In some cars, no communication w/ scanner indicates a bad sensor been pull to ground. The most common culprit is the MAP sensor but not sure if your car has one.

The other way to do it, look at what sensors could have gotten wet when you wash the underside. Disconnect one,check for comm. w/ scanner. Do this until you find the bad sensor.
My Map sensor is actually in the place I washed under the wheel well. I'll try replacing it today and get back to you. Thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts