VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is a repeated and stupid question.
Whats the best and most easy way to wash foam pads? All I do is run water over the pad and work the product out of them...which is a huge pain and takes a while.
TIA

·
Registered
601 Posts
Re: washing foam pads (67Customs)

Quote, originally posted by 67Customs »
I made an awesome write-up about this (if I do say so myself) a while back. I went to search for it but search is temporarily down. When it comes back up, I'll try to find it for you. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Quote, originally posted by 67Customs »
The best way to clean a foam pad is to start off by lighting some candles and placing them by the sink and dim the lights in the room. Run a nice warm bath in the sink and add some Dawn dish soap for bubbles. Carry the pad to the sink and carefully lay the pad into the bath to let it soak and relax. Let the pad soak for a little while while you play some nice classical music on your Violin. After the pad has soaked, spread some Dawn on the top and gently caress and rub the pads like you are making love to it. After the pad is clean, drain the bath water out of the sink and rense the pad down with some nice cool water. Dry the pad with a soft terry towel by surrounding the pad with the towel and press the pad on both sides gently, but firmly. Once the pad has been properly wash, dried and pampered, it is ready for action once again. Take these steps each time you clean the pad and you and your pad will have a long, productive relationship.

That is awesome

·
Registered
635 Posts
Re: washing foam pads (Motown_Dub)

i had a few unknowingly fall into the washing machine with my MF's and they came out clean and fine... no worse for wear...
i will find an old pad and update you guys when it begins to fail, but based on the pads use, i dont think agitation will kill it...

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
Re: washing foam pads (74type1)

Quote, originally posted by 74type1 »
After that write up, I feel the need for a cigarette.

67 that was a great write up man.. lol
OP - I have been putting them in the washing machine for years and hasnt hurt them one bit. Just be sure if you can to get as much wax off as possible before hand. Dont want to ruin the washing machine if your washing pads alot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.