VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,606 Posts
Re: washing your car (CANNIBALOFDOOM)

i try for once a week, but right now with the pollen falling it sucks. i wash it once and then i hose it off before i leave everyday because i cant stand driving with the pollen on my car.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sometimes i wash it a few hrs i leave and notice all the hell **** when i clean my windows u cna see a nice thick line of pollen lame ****

·
Banned
937 Posts
Re: (mhskateboarder)

I'll spend 2 hours once a week doing it really nice, in between that I'll give her a quick was 1 or 2 more times just to keep it clean.
I wish it would stop raining every night.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Re: washing your car (CANNIBALOFDOOM)

At least once a week, but it all depends on the weather. I'll touch it up with Quick Detailer if we get a spell of nice weather but it gets dusty.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
does anyone have any ideas about wax.. i need some good wax..... some brand names... more or less kind that would let bugs goop come right off case i know some make it shiny but not smooth and slippery ***** please

·
Registered
236 Posts
Quick question.... A fellow Jetta buddy of mine told me not to put armor-all (sorry about the spelling) on the dashboard.... Is this true, I'm not going to get into his reasons, but obviously I don't want to put anything harmful on my dash.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Re: (BigTymer2k3)

Quote, originally posted by BigTymer2k3 »
I'll spend 2 hours once a week doing it really nice, in between that I'll give her a quick was 1 or 2 more times just to keep it clean.
I wish it would stop raining every night.

Pretty much the same as me man, a really good wash once maybe twice a week, then a wash or 2 in between

·
Registered
267 Posts
I use only mcquires (spellcheck) on my jetta. I love the quick detailer spray for inbetween washes. In ten minutes the car looks perfect again and smell good too. I heard not to use armourall on the dash also from a professional detailer. He recommends using mcquires leather cleaner and care lotion, you just use if quite sparingly or it leaves a white mark. I just use the towel i wipe my leather seats off with the cleaner and run it over my dash. It also smells so good!

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Re: (losinsusan)

Quote, originally posted by losinsusan »
I use only mcquires (spellcheck) on my jetta. I love the quick detailer spray for inbetween washes.

what's funny is i have that quick spray stuff and i completely forgot about it today when i washed my car
i guess i'll just do it tomorrow

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
all i know is glass cleaner ****ing KILLS leather.. i was doing my windowsand a little drop gopt onto my seat BAM leaves this evil mark.. i was about to **** myself.. armorall works fine but not the best and needs to be redone like every week.. it also depe3nds if u use too much

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Re: (CANNIBALOFDOOM)

Quote, originally posted by CANNIBALOFDOOM »
does anyone have any ideas about wax.. i need some good wax..... some brand names... more or less kind that would let bugs goop come right off case i know some make it shiny but not smooth and slippery ***** please

3M Imperial hand glaze
and wax over it is a great finish
I've used a few over the years like One Grand Blitz

Check out this link for good tips Here

I wash mine as often as needed
I never use Dish soap (strips wax off)
and Good Micro fiber towels are the best investment I have ever made in car care

1 - 15 of 15 Posts