VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to everyone who came to Kart Trak today and made our First Show & Go EVER! a huge success. Thanks to Fathers & Sons for supporting the event and sending down a new A4 and Jetta GLI. Thanks also to Ted and the gang at Kart Trak for letting us use their lot; it was just the right size. Thanks to Adios Pantalones for putting on a great show on so little sleep. Finally, more thanks to Central Connecticut Performance Centers, Dynamic Auto Works, Fast Addictions, and Texas Grille.
Photos from today's show are available at Wasserwerks website. Just follow the links.

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
Re: Wasserwerks First VW/Audi Show & Go EVER! Thank yous and Photos (Jimbo70)

and a good time was had by all!!

of course you could have had just a couple strippers, like good Euro show.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Re: Wasserwerks First VW/Audi Show & Go EVER! Thank yous and Photos (WOB_GTI)

I had a great time, hopefully tomorrow or some time I can get some pics up. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Definitely have to be another one next year.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Re: Wasserwerks First VW/Audi Show & Go EVER! Thank yous and Photos (OneFlyGTI_VR6'n)

I had a blast too!!!
Will post my pics asap.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Re: Wasserwerks First VW/Audi Show & Go EVER! Thank yous and Photos (3VWMAN)

A lot of fun, thanks to Wasserworks, look forward to doing it again in the future!!

·
Registered
22,720 Posts
Re: Wasserwerks First VW/Audi Show & Go EVER! Thank yous and Photos (Jimbo70)

Was tons of fun! I took a bunch of photos also, anybody want to host for me

Hey I made it into the photo gallery!

[Modified by landrumdh, 9:35 AM 6-3-2002]

·
Banned
4,181 Posts
Re: Wasserwerks First VW/Audi Show & Go EVER! Thank yous and Photos (landrumdh)

It was cool , thanks to all the friendly people too bad I had to leave early because of the bad tensioner http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif but http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif for a cool show

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Re: Wasserwerks First VW/Audi Show & Go EVER! Thank yous and Photos (qka2)

Nice turn out. I am glad I decided to drive up there for the show. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
When I got home I stopped by the show in Norwalk. Wow was the field empty without all the watercooled cars. I've been to GTG's with more cars than I saw at that show. I saw 2 vendors there. I also overheard a couple of guys talking about how much the enjoyed not having the watercooled cars there this year. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
21,996 Posts
Re: Wasserwerks First VW/Audi Show & Go EVER! Thank yous and Photos (A3Jetta)

quote:[HR][/HR]
When I got home I stopped by the show in Norwalk. Wow was the field empty without all the watercooled cars. I've been to GTG's with more cars than I saw at that show. I saw 2 vendors there. I also overheard a couple of guys talking about how much the enjoyed not having the watercooled cars there this year. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif [HR][/HR]​
you must have gotten there late then. there were the same amount of cars overall as in past years. a total of 4 watercooled cars showed up.
there were as many vendors as the past years as well.
i heard many people express their pleasure at there not being watercooled cars there and i think that is ok.
wasserwerks gets a huge thumbsup from me for organizing their show. they saw that watercooled cars werent wanted/welcome in norwalk so instead of complaining they stepped up and provided a successful alternative.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by rockit, 9:23 AM 6-3-2002]

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Re: Wasserwerks First VW/Audi Show & Go EVER! Thank yous and Photos (rockit)

you must have gotten there late then. there were the same amount of cars overall as in past years. a total of 4 watercooled cars showed up.

i heard many people express their pleasure at there not being watercooled cars there and i think that is ok.
wasserwerks gets a huge thumbsup from me for organizing their show. they saw that watercooled cars werent wanted/welcome in norwalk so instead of complaining they stepped up and provided a successful alternative.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by rockit, 9:23 AM 6-3-2002][HR][/HR]​
Not to nitpick here, but I've gone to the Norwalk show for the past 3 years and they usually had at least 80-100 watercooled cars show up. So there is really no way they had the "same" amount of cars.
The people that complain the most about the Watercooled cars are Grandmas & Grandpas in their original stock Beetles from the 60's. They mostly complain about the "noise" coming from the area. What because we don't have a foot in the grave and want to have a good time??

The CVA ( club that runs the show) is cutting it's own throat by excluding the Watercooled cars. I have NOT renewed my membership because if they don't want me, I sure as hell don't want them.

The guys & girls at Wasserwerks are AWESOME!!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif They are extermely friendly and put on a GREAT show yesterday. For their first show it was great and I think the CVA could learn a thing or two from them.
....btw I will be joining Wasserwerks asap. I should have done it yesterday but was too busy ogling alll the beautiful cars.!!

·
Registered
21,996 Posts

Not to nitpick here, but I've gone to the Norwalk show for the past 3 years and they usually had at least 80-100 watercooled cars show up. So there is really no way they had the "same" amount of cars.[HR][/HR]​
did you go this year? i did. i worked at the gate seeing EVERY car that came in between 8:00 and 12:30. past years have gotten nowhere near 80-100 watercooled. the size of the field was very close (maybe a bit smaller) to the turnout in past years.
The people that complain the most about the Watercooled cars are Grandmas & Grandpas in their original stock Beetles from the 60's. They mostly complain about the "noise" coming from the area. What because we don't have a foot in the grave and want to have a good time??
[HR][/HR]​
the majority of the comments i heard supporting the lack of watercooled came from middle aged people, far from being elderly. and even then they werent "damn those watercooled rice cars and their bass" comments. instead they were "an all old vw show is a good idea." type comments.
quote:[HR][/HR]The CVA ( club that runs the show) is cutting it's own throat by excluding the Watercooled cars. I have NOT renewed my membership because if they don't want me, I sure as hell don't want them.
[HR][/HR]​
youre right, they dont want you. but they will do just fine catering to the vintage crowd. i was surprised by how many younger people were there in their vintage dubs.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Thanks for the good vibes on yesterday's show. I've noticed that there is two separate groups of VW owners, with a third one forming. The first group is the aircooled crowd, which CVA represents well. Then you have the watercooled crowd, which seems be be dividing between the older watercooled cars (A1, A2, Scirocco, etc.) and the newer watercooled cars (A3, A4, New Beetle, Passat, etc.) We try to cater to the whole watercooled crowd. I'm just glad to hear that everyone enjoyed our little show.
Your humble emcee,

·
Registered
2,766 Posts

I will admit I got there near the end of the show, but when the watercooled cars have been there in the past there was no space to have even one volleyball net setup, let alone two.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Re: Wasserwerks First VW/Audi Show & Go EVER! Thank yous and Photos (A3Jetta)

Hey all, I would just like to thank everyone who attended, or just showed up for our show. It does take alot to organize something like this.
I would first like to thank CVA for providing us with this opportunity, and as someone else posted, if the show format that they want to have will not include our types of cars, well, someone else will be there to support that aspect. Hopefully it will continue to be us.
Second I would like to thank all the participants who entered their cars, and enjoyed a beautiful, if somewhat gusty day with us. The show was really put on for all of you.
Third I would like to thank all of my fellow Wasserwerks members who helped organize this show, and make it work, Thanks everyone.
One very special thanks goes out to Adios Pantalones for putting on an awesome show. If you have any comments about the band there is a message board on their website, with a thread started please stop there and add any comments that you may have. I am sure they would love the feedback, as they played with only 2 hours sleep.
click here/
Thanks again to everyone who attended, we plan to have a bigger show and have it last a little longer next year!!!!!

[Modified by Wasserwerks, 4:15 PM 6-3-2002]

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Re: Wasserwerks First VW/Audi Show & Go EVER! Thank yous and Photos (Wasserwerks)

rockit,
No I didn't go to the Norwalk show this year. They wouldn't allow me. I have 2 cars, an 83 Rabbit GTI and a 96 Golf. I have been a member of the CVA for a couple of years and it felt like a kick in the nads when I found out I couldn't attend the show in Norwalk. It has to be one of the most beautiful locations for a car show or anything else for that matter. Feeling unwanted by a Club that took my money willingly really sucks so there are some hard feelings on my part. Didn't mean to get you mad or anything and am sorry if I did.

..btw...They are the Connecticut Volkswagen Association.....which means all VW's. If they only want air-cooled cars thay should change their name to the Connecticut Air-Cooled Volkswagen Association and refund all the money to their watercooled members.

[Modified by 3VWMAN, 7:17 PM 6-3-2002]

·
Registered
10,008 Posts

I love going to shows that have a mixed bag of old aircooled and new watercooled dubs.
I always pass several aircooleds on the way, I wave and all I get (90% of the time) is ignored, or the occasional glare. Of course any watercooled dube I see on the way thats going to the show, (90% of the time)waves or smiles back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re: Wasserwerks First VW/Audi Show & Go EVER! Thank yous and Photos (Wasserwerks)

I would also just like to take a moment to thank everyone who attended the show. It was such an exciting time.
I would also like to thank all Wasserwerks members for helping to put on this show. Like Chris said, it takes alot of help from everybody to put on such an event. Thanks again.
Thanks to our Sponsors...Fathers and Sons VW, Audi, Porsche, Volvo, Saab, Kia in West Springfield, MA. Central Connecticut Performance Centers in East Hartford, Dynamic Auto Works in Canton CT, NAS-KARZ in Wallingford, CT, Robert Bentley Publishers in Cambridge, MA and Waterfest Productions.
We will be doing this again next year.....we look forward to seeing you at the other watercooled shows...Litchfield Bug In 6/16
Connecticut Bug-A-Fair in Terryville 8/18
Waterfest 7/21
VW Elements: An aircooled and watercooled experience 8/4
Reunion at Woodstock 9/8-9/9 Woodstock, NY
And @ Wasserwerks 3rd Annual Fall Foliage Cruise and Picnic
Thanks Again

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Re: Wasserwerks First VW/Audi Show & Go EVER! Thank yous and Photos (landrumdh)

it was fun, lotsa nice cars, sign me up for next year!!
quote:[HR][/HR]I took a bunch of photos also, anybody want to host for me
[HR][/HR]​
dave, you can use my site as long as you dont go over the limit http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
call me later about it...
quote:[HR][/HR]Hey I made it into the photo gallery![HR][/HR]​
and my car made into the gallery too
, not the entire car, but it will be in your pictures right?

[Modified by luigi1181, 4:07 PM 6-3-2002]

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Re: Wasserwerks First VW/Audi Show & Go EVER! Thank yous and Photos (luigi1181)

I'm very glad to see everyone had a great time! It was honestly one of the best shows I've been to, and I've been doing this for over 4 years now!
I'd also like to thank the band, Adios Pantalones, for showing and playing. They were really great! Nice and tight, VERY professional sounding.
Continuing thanks to Kart Track for being our location. It was a fine spot. I hope most everyone got a chance to ride the Karts, It's a blast!
The Texas Grille was a great addition. The food was very good, the prices were pretty good too.
I'd like to thank the President, Web Master, and Treasurer of Wasserwerks for putting this together.
I hope to see everyone again in 2003!
We have some pictures posted at http://www.ctautoevents.com
Check it out.
Thank to everyone (including those who attended) for such a great day!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts