VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
Re: wastegate? (mr4te)

They don'e have drive by wire cars that have electronicly controlled wastegates. Billy screwed with his and blew a turbo. You might be able to tweak a bit, but without the correct fueling and timing, it's just more hot air.
AKA lean

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Re: wastegate? (Bug_Power)

Billy may correct me here, but I think he blew more than one before he realized that it was NOT a good way to gain power. Other cars have manually controlled wastegates, ours is electronic and the electronics are calibrated to the fixed position of the wastegate rod. If you move it, the electronics don't know it, and...
KAAABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

·
Registered
3,368 Posts

I've adjusted the wastegate on my k03 1mm at a time and verifying with vag com the results. My conclusion is that the peak changes but the overall boost will fall right back to demand boost. Inital torque will be affected but it will not be maintained across the board.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

getting mine tweeked in january about 120 CAN not bat for 45 more hp!! the least expensive chip is like $400 US and will still give you 45 hp.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Re: wastegate? (John A)

quote:[HR][/HR]
have a 'blast'
it doesn't work, it's been tried about 150 times by every tuner under the sun. take $800 with you, you can pick up a k04 when you nuke your k03.
[HR][/HR]​
FWIW, up here the K04 costs about $1600CND.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.