VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering cuz i think im gonna do it< is it super loud?? does it still have the same bomb ass vr6 tone??

·
Registered
920 Posts
Re: wat does a vr6 with no resonators sound like??

it's only loud when you are on it, when you're just driving normally, there is a nice humming sounds to it. Although with the factory muffler, it sounds a little Hondaish to me. But it doesn't drown out the sweet vr6 sound at all(talkin bout the intake sound)

·
Registered
920 Posts
Re: Hi (need_a_VR6)

quote:[HR][/HR]Well, my 2.5" supersprint sport comp system with no cat, single hotdog resonator, and a rear box was LOUD when I got on it. I can't imagine it without that one resonator, holy headache, Batman![HR][/HR]​
No cat? how do you pass inspections? what kind of tone does that give you? low and rumbly move like a v8 or like a 4 cylinder sound?

·
Registered
37,595 Posts
Re: Hi (vagvr6)

I was living in PA at the time, and all you really needed to pass inspeciton was tires and the ability to get to the inspection station. No emissions where I was obviously.
The car was mean sounding, not as "burbly" as most VR6's. Sounded like a BIG sport bike at WOT.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts

hehe.. thats nothing.
2.25 inch straight manderal bent SS cat back, no cat, no resonator's, brospeed exhaust with dual 3 inch tips..
loud as hell, makes my ears bleed. ahaha..sike , i love it.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Re: Hi (JimGTIVR6)

I'm having a hard time trying to decide which system I want. TT, Autotech, or Eurosport. They all give just about the same amount of power, but I wanna get the best sounding one. I heard Chuck's Eurosport exhaust, sounds really nice. Just need to hear the other two exhausts. Kinda wanna go with Autotech cuz their exhaust only weighs like 25 lbs. but I dunno about their exhaust tip and it's kinda pricey. And TT exhaust is sweet, not a bad price, but dual dtm tips cost 130 more!! And eurosport is like 400 with the ceramic coating dual dtm.... Which would you guys pick out of those 3? and what exactly does the fip that comes with the TT SS Boral 2.5" exhaust look like?

·
Registered
4,950 Posts

the muffler shop used 1,75 inch piping in ome places and onnly 2 inch max when my bro did that. he also has a test pipe and it's super loud. it's more fo a higher pitched VR6. it sounds like a ferarri basically

·
Registered
4,444 Posts

ill try to get a sound bit for you gguys.
the brospeed exhaust comes with dual 3inch rounded or straight cut tips.

·
Registered
920 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]ill try to get a sound bit for you gguys.
the brospeed exhaust comes with dual 3inch rounded or straight cut tips. [HR][/HR]​
that's cool. I like hearing/seeing things on VWs, I beat I have about 20-30 MG of videos at my house of them

·
Registered
37,595 Posts

Jim, no offense, but my car was louder, and by a long shot! The 2.25 piping and that muffler are holding you back. Mine was 2.5" from the dp back, and the supersprint rear muffler didn't do half the muffling yours does. Hopefully you'll be able to compare in a few weeks

·
Registered
1,676 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]I'm having a hard time trying to decide which system I want. TT, Autotech, or Eurosport. They all give just about the same amount of power, but I wanna get the best sounding one. [HR][/HR]​
If you want drop me your e-mail and ill send you my clip of the TT exhaust.

·
Banned
6,686 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Well, my 2.5" supersprint sport comp system with no cat, single hotdog resonator, and a rear box was LOUD when I got on it. I can't imagine it without that one resonator, holy headache, Batman![HR][/HR]​
Im selling a same exact exhaust system if anyne is intersted. Less than 1000 miles. $350. Preferably tri state area, unless you want to pay for shipping as well.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Re: Hi (Bundaho)

quote:[HR][/HR]I'm having a hard time trying to decide which system I want. TT, Autotech, or Eurosport. They all give just about the same amount of power, but I wanna get the best sounding one.
If you want drop me your e-mail and ill send you my clip of the TT exhaust.[HR][/HR]​
you got some mail!

·
Registered
4,444 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Jim, no offense, but my car was louder, and by a long shot! The 2.25 piping and that muffler are holding you back. Mine was 2.5" from the dp back, and the supersprint rear muffler didn't do half the muffling yours does. Hopefully you'll be able to compare in a few weeks
[HR][/HR]​
]
not offenedded.. im glad, im not the only one with obnoxious exhaust. Mines pretty loud now, but im sure it could be LOUDER

·
Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room.
Atlanta, GA ~ Honda
39,183 Posts

wow, I never thought I'd see people arguing whose exhaust was louder....

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Re: Hi (Metallitubby)

Hmm I might consider taking off my cat....I have a 2.25 neuspeed catback with no resonator and its got a nice sound but i want a little louder. my only concern is the o2 sensor...will i get a cel if i take it off? will there be a wierd smog coming out of my exaust?

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Re: Hi (Metallitubby)

How do you think this will sound, my new zorst.
No cat, one (tiny) silencer instead, then 2.25" straight through, exiting out the side in 2 flat oval tailpipes (no back box
). I might squeeze another silencer in there if it's a bit too loud (if there is such a thing?).
I'm gonna fit a harsh cut rev limiter too so it spits flames.
PAAAARRRP! CRACK!! PAAAAARRRP CRACK!
I just hope I don't torch a rear tyre!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts