VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like all 337 owners, I have a bad habit of washing the car 2-3 times a week. Yesterday, being a nice HOT sunny Sunday, I felt compeled to wash it again. After drying the car I noticed about 6 - 10 semi-large droplets of water on the plastic molding **INSIDE** the passengers rear-seat window. Anybody else see this happening? --- and yes, all the windows were shut before I started to wash it

·
Registered
78 Posts
Re: Water droplets after washing my 337. (3374me)

That sounds pretty bad. I have been noticing that every time I wash my car the rear windows have water marks from water that drips down hours after I wash it from the gasket that surronds the rear windows. You post is making me think I should inspect the insides now....

·
Registered
268 Posts

I have only noticed that the VW badge on the rear hatch holds water well after the wash. A drip line of water forms down to the hatch handle. I feel like every time I pass by the rear of the car, I am wiping off this drip line. Other than that, a thourough drying takes care of everything.

·
Administrator
87,849 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Like all 337 owners, I have a bad habit of washing the car 2-3 times a week. Yesterday, being a nice HOT sunny Sunday, I felt compeled to wash it again. After drying the car I noticed about 6 - 10 semi-large droplets of water on the plastic molding **INSIDE** the passengers rear-seat window. Anybody else see this happening? --- and yes, all the windows were shut before I started to wash it

[HR][/HR]​
I don't own a 337 but when I bought my '98 new I had similar problems. Seems like VW still hasn't fixed any slight issues they may have had regarding window seals.
I had my rear windshield replaced TWICE under warranty w/in the first year due to leakage.
And I still like to wash my car at least once/week-but I'm not lucky like you guys-my car is black so I have to be careful that I don't wash it too much. Every little tiny dust particle on my towel makes a scratch and that pisses me off...
Get them to look at the gasket that seals that window and if it leaks get 'em to replace it.
Later,

·
Registered
757 Posts
Re: Water droplets after washing my 337. (nater)

I've noticed that water drips down when it's raining. Drivers side, and passenger side. Not much though. I was driving and i feel a drop on my arm. I was like, "wtf?" It's not too bad though, so i'll deal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re: Water droplets after washing my 337. (Dubbaya Fun)

I know all all you guys are going to be pissed at me but, I can't believe some of the crap you guys bitch about. If the water drippings are such a big problem in your life than One: don't wash your car! (which I know that's not an option) OR Two: Take a silicone gun and fill all seams,cracks,windows, and any other things on your car that has a seam. This will solve almost all your problems!!

·
Banned
707 Posts
Re: Water droplets after washing my 337. (caper2874)

You should be hand washing your car with soft water. Use the hose at your house to wash a car and only a soft type soap like the pink McGuire's stuff and a really soft sponge. Do not wash your car at the DIY car washes because they used recycled water. Also, spraying your car at high pressures like that can push dirt and grime further into your paint making small dent like marks if you ever get it out. That also may be the reason some of you are seeing leakage. The pressure can go through the weather stripping easily and after time, damage it making it very prone to leaking. Ahhhh, that's it for now!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re: Water droplets after washing my 337. (caper2874)

I'm sorry caper2874 I'm trying to get at you but water is water! The guy after me that recomended your home soft water as being a good bet. He's most on the money in your problem but it is not going to take control of the problem. All cars have seams and such! It's inevidable!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Re: Water droplets after washing my 337. (TelAviv 337)

Ahh you didn't mention if you have this problem with your 337? and I am not so sure that I would want to take a silicone gun to my car. I am not trying to knock your idea, its just have you done it?

·
Registered
5,258 Posts

The water dripping down from the rear windows is normal for gti's.Just shoot it with a high pressure shot before you are done with the rinse.It should get rid of most of the water under the gasket.The rear emblem is also a spot were water hides and drips. Just put some wax were you see the water line.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts