VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having a problem with water coming in from somewhere on the left side. The rubber seems to be fine, but water has a nasty way of getting in from anywhere. I also noticed the same in the hatch compartment area. anyone that has experinced this problem and found a fix for it please reply to this post!

· Registered
80 Scirocco, 87 Scirocco 16v, 86 Quantum Syncro, 91 318is, 84 230CE, 99 Tacoma PreRunner
25,489 Posts
Re: Water on the floor issue 1.8 16V (markeysscirocco)

If your car has a sunroof, check around that, also around the taillights or if you have any badges removed, water will come in those holes.

· Registered
69 Posts
Re: (MK1roccin77)

Hope you figured it out...been having the same problem with mine. Something to check-. Noticed at the top right corner of the drivers door, the door seal has shrunk and pulled away from the body. There's a small gap there now letting water through. Good luck. ...Rog.

· Registered
2,836 Posts
I finally found the grommet the wiring harness passes through above the pedals leaking on mine, took a bunch of hunting. Funny thing is it's not split, just loose enough for water to get in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.