VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I need some help with this. I have a 2008 TT, the problem i'm experiencing is that water comes back up the inside of the window (passanger and driver) after i bring it down. So after i wash the car, and bring the windows down and up, there's a nice soap residue left on the inside of the window. Same thing happens if i leave the car out in the rain.

Dealer says thats normal, that when the window goes down, the outside seal touches the inside one and moisture will transfer, but seriously here, WTF? never seen this before in any car i've owned. anyone else have this problem or know of a fix?

thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi guys,

I need some help with this. I have a 2008 TT, the problem i'm experiencing is that water comes back up the inside of the window (passanger and driver) after i bring it down. So after i wash the car, and bring the windows down and up, there's a nice soap residue left on the inside of the window. Same thing happens if i leave the car out in the rain.

Dealer says thats normal, that when the window goes down, the outside seal touches the inside one and moisture will transfer, but seriously here, WTF? never seen this before in any car i've owned. anyone else have this problem or know of a fix?

thanks in advance for any help.
I have a 2011 TT and I also am experiencing this.

I roll the passenger side window down, then roll it back up and it is wet on the inside window surface. The outside is dry. The driver side window does not have this problem.

I am concerned about what this water is doing inside the door. Hopefully there is nothing to corrode haha.

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
I get little marks on the inside when I let the windows down too....I just wipe them off but they do happen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.