VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
I'll be there and I'm sure MadMax will be as well to defend his title (s). :thumbup::beer:
I'll be there Jeff! I don't have tires yet, but should have at least 2 before the events and 4 if the sponsors come through. I already did one event on street tires to break the rust off, so it should be good. Can't wait!!! :beer::beer::beer:

·
Registered
2 Posts
autoX

Im hoping to be there in my XR4TI. I know its not VW/Audi:rolleyes: but the past two years there has hardly been any VW/Audi in the autcross anyway. Its a lump of crap, I just want to have some fun.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Im hoping to be there in my XR4TI. I know its not VW/Audi:rolleyes: but the past two years there has hardly been any VW/Audi in the autcross anyway. Its a lump of crap, I just want to have some fun.
Hardly any VW/Audi in the autocross anyway? :screwy:

Maybe I was drunk at WF in the past 3 years of competing in the autocross competition, but there has been nothing but VW/Audi in that event and attendance has not been light.

·
Registered
485 Posts
You must have been **** faced because there were hardly any vw/audi :screwy:

I remember being disappointed in the number of vw/audi that participated in the event.

hope it is better this year. Looking forward to seeing an XR4TI!!!

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
You must have been **** faced because there were hardly any vw/audi :screwy:

I remember being disappointed in the number of vw/audi that participated in the event.

hope it is better this year. Looking forward to seeing an XR4TI!!!
Confirmed average of over 30 participants for the past 3 years (all Audi/VW). I don't know if you guys are expecting SCCA National event numbers for a non-autocross specific event, but that's plenty IMO (especially for the small crew that volunteers to help Perry organize the event). I also enjoy getting 10+ runs per heat in an event, gives you plenty of time to test-n-tune things.

BTW, I was "**** faced" enough to win 3 years in a row (I think my name in the FTD and PAX spots confirm how right that is) ;)

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Confirmed average of over 30 participants for the past 3 years (all Audi/VW). I don't know if you guys are expecting SCCA National event numbers for a non-autocross specific event, but that's plenty IMO (especially for the small crew that volunteers to help Perry organize the event). I also enjoy getting 10+ runs per heat in an event, gives you plenty of time to test-n-tune things.

BTW, I was "**** faced" enough to win 3 years in a row (I think my name in the FTD and PAX spots confirm how right that is) ;)
When I was working the event 2 years back there was one non- VW race car that showed up. I think he made one pass, broke down, and went back up on the trailer. Maybe that's what he's thinking of :p:laugh:

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
When I was working the event 2 years back there was one non- VW race car that showed up. I think he made one pass, broke down, and went back up on the trailer. Maybe that's what he's thinking of :p:laugh:
Jeff, I remember that E46 M3 race car. It was very loud, not that fast (slower than my times by a more than a second), made a few passes, and could not be missed. It was driven by a few instructors, just like the miata that has been there for a few years, and Joe that ran his EVO one year too when he was instructing... but who knows we could have been both drunk and seeing things. :laugh:

·
Registered
485 Posts
huh... Maybe I was the ****faced one!? Off the top of my head I remember seeing a Miata, RX8, evo10, Subaru and a mk1.... are we talking about the same Waterfest? lol

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
huh... Maybe I was the ****faced one!? Off the top of my head I remember seeing a Miata, RX8, evo10, Subaru and a mk1.... are we talking about the same Waterfest? lol
Dude, these are all instructors cars that they run in between Waterfest official autocross heats.

The event has volunteer instructors (mainly local autocrossers from the Northern NJ SCCA chapter). They volunteer to work and help organize the event because in between heats they get to run their personal cars, and test and tune stuff that they normally can't in packed regular events where you get 6 runs per day.

In your beer brake, you probably walked over and saw these instructor cars run and assumed that this was all the WF autocross event was. Without checking your fact, you come in here and argue with people who have been there and participated in the event. I guess that's how misinformation starts...:screwy:

·
Registered
2 Posts
oops

I stand corrected. For two years in a row I also must have also only saw the instructors run. I ASSuMEd that this was it. I am happy to hear how many VW's actually compete. I have a '92 jetta ecodiesel as well that I hope to run when it is finished. This is my first autocross so I will just take the school on Saturday so as not to make a fool of myself.:laugh:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's awesome! I can tell by my arm hanging out the window that you captured the run where Perry was trying to show me how its done.
Lol I was walking back from replacing a dead radio figured I'd get a quick clip. Knew I was safe where I was so I said **** it. :laugh:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts