VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
M3, CX-5, Tahoe, motorcycles
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the best twenty minutes you will spend today. An in-depth look at the ethos of the McLaren F1. I haven't watched another video or read an article that gives so much insight into the thinking behind the car and what it involved. Just the stats on its true scale are mind-blowing.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, absolutely fantastic.
It popped up in my feed this morning, and I immediately stopped what i was doing to watch it. Absolutely great video.

I hope this series with DTS gains more traction. The Issimi channel was dealt a blow with Jason's departure, but DTS makes it a worthwhile follow. He's a hell of a guy. The Carmudgeon is my favourite podcast at the moment.

·
Registered
2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1967 Bus, 1963 356
24,604 Posts
99% sure I know the owner of this car. If I'm right, then this car shares a garage with a Ferrari 250 GTO, Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato, Alfa 8C, and some other very interesting cars. It's truly amazing the number of significant cars that live here in the Bay Area.

·
Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg
24,129 Posts
Can't wait to watch this after dinner. DTS puts out some really cool content, and he's a really nice guy as well. That's a rare combo, and I love to follow all of his content to encourage him to make more of it.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
listened to this as I worked.

designing stuff feels more encouraging with the sound of a N/A 90s V12 in stereo
Agreed. That's how I watched it the first time.

99% sure I know the owner of this car. If I'm right, then this car shares a garage with a Ferrari 250 GTO, Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato, Alfa 8C, and some other very interesting cars. It's truly amazing the number of significant cars that live here in the Bay Area.
Damn, that's taste combined with wealth. The F1 is the only of the 80s, 90s, and 2000s exotics that I've never seen. The diminuitive scale is something I have trouble wrapping my head around.

Looking forward to watching it later tonight on the TV with surround sound turned up to 11. I don't think a phone or laptop would do it justice.
I'm watching it again for this very reason. Headphones and a better monitor.

Can't wait to watch this after dinner. DTS puts out some really cool content, and he's a really nice guy as well. That's a rare combo, and I love to follow all of his content to encourage him to make more of it.
DTS seems awesome. I know nothing of him other than what I watch and hear, and I think he's a legend in the making. A dude out of time and I really respect his passion. He's getting better and better as a presenter, too. He's also the kind of guy I'd love to have a beer with and just pick his brain about innumerable esoteric and rare cars that he seems to know a ton about.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That sums up my interactions with him, except it's usually over a cup of coffee in a parking lot at a CnC, so no beer.
That makes me happy. I feel like I too often hear that some folks are ****heads in person and I have a tough time enjoying their content afterwards.

Our hobby is sort of dying and I wish folks could be cool and just enjoy it at all levels.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Looking forward to watching it later tonight on the TV with surround sound turned up to 11. I don't think a phone or laptop would do it justice.
The audio actually isn't that great. At least, it wasn't for me.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Filmed in my backyard, those are my regular drive/bicycle roads.
Nice video, but Hyphen needs to work on his delivery, sounded like he was reading a book report in front of his 8th grade class LOL.
(not that I could do any better)

·
Premium Member
997.1 | ND2 Miata
6,235 Posts
Filmed in my backyard, those are my regular drive/bicycle roads.
Nice video, but Hyphen needs to work on his delivery, sounded like he was reading a book report in front of his 8th grade class LOL.
(not that I could do any better)
Yeah those roads are so damn good. Looking forward to enjoying them again now that the Miata is sorted.

I agree about his delivery and wondering if he purposely sped things up to keep the overall video length in check.

I think I'd put Carfection at the top when it comes to cinematography/voiceover quality.

·
Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg
24,129 Posts
Really, really enjoyed that. I've driven those roads in the Evora, and my god, I am insanely jealous of DTS. I'd do unforgivable things to drive that car period, much less right there.

·
Premium Member
2,777 Posts
There's only a few red ones, so it's probably the same one. It's actually listed for sale on the ISSIMI website. No price 😂

·
Premium Member
2,777 Posts
I really, really enjoy his and Cammisa's podcast. Please encourage them to keep producing it (y)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.