VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
34,380 Posts
Super awesome, congrats!

I really hope you find some BB aero arrow wheels!

·
Registered
SC AW11, Mazda speed NB, 89 Skyline GTS-T 5M, 19 GLI 6M.
9,480 Posts
Congrats! <3 Beats, but I'm not sure I'd fit in one since I look like this in my Miata with the roof up:

Reactions: throttle grotto

·
Registered
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Civic VX Steelies?
I'd run the centras before those, simply because I'd have to buy tires for either one. Plus, if I run those for now, I'll feel like I got some use out of them instead of them being rolling jackstands for 5 years.

·
Premium Member
6,138 Posts
These things are hilarious and awesome at the same time. Congrats.

I hope to actually get a chance behind the wheel of one of these some day. Must be a unique experience.

·
Registered
Exige & LS430 UL
17,573 Posts
Congrats on the Beat purchase OP. It looks to be in really good shape overall.

These are really fun little cars. A local buddy actually has a yellow one as well.

·
Registered
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I'm trying to think of other good wheel options
What was your max width? 6"?
Zender Turbo 1s could be made to look like BB Arrows :D but I don't think they offered them in a 14.
One of my acquaintances on IG has 2 sets of 14" Zenders. Thought about inquiring, but I'd almost have to see them on the car to make a decision first. And I think 6" wide is really all the narrow front end of this car will take. I'd have to be a fitment master to know, and I think that's diminishing returns, other than interwebs points for getting something really wide on there. I know the handling and speed will suffer a little just going up to 14" in the front...but it's not a speed car. It's just good clean fun.

·
Registered
15,033 Posts
Here's one I posted in TCL that was local.

tps://www.vwvortex.com/threads/hell-yeah-92-honda-beat-rhd-manual-on-offer-up.9345485/

·
Registered
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Here's one I posted in TCL that was local.

That one had some pretty rad wheels on it. I got this one for nowhere near that price, which made it really hard to pass up.

·
Registered
44,325 Posts
That one had some pretty rad wheels on it. I got this one for nowhere near that price, which made it really hard to pass up.
those wheels look like the Civic VX wheels. At least I think it was called “VX”. It was a super economy version and had unique and very lightweight wheels which look just like that. If memory serves they weren’t as wide as standard wheels, but on a super lightweight and tiny Beat that may be a good thing.

·
Registered
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
It took me a little while, but I managed to do a quick polish and paint of the centra wheels I had in the garage. I'd already mounted the tires, but masking off the tire was pretty quick with a plastic bag.
before:
20201220_194721.jpg

and after:

Not sure if I like the dark graphite color or not, but they look a lot better overall. I have a few plans for making these wheels pop a little more, I just need to find one spare 14" wheel that I can use for templating. There's a couple videos on the old YT of the process and results if you want to see that.

screenshot from the video:

21 - 35 of 35 Posts