VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have weak hatch struts when the temperature gets around freezing? At 2 degrees C my struts would barely hold up the hatch.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Normal in an older vehicle but I would talk to your dealer because you probably have a bad strut and warranty should cover it. They are gas struts and cold means lower gas pressures inside.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Anyone else have weak hatch struts when the temperature gets around freezing? At 2 degrees C my struts would barely hold up the hatch.
Sometimes mines a little slow raising in the winter but once its open it always holds it up.

What do you mean "barely hold".. Is the hatch falling on your head? Slow going up?

·
Vendor
39,646 Posts
The rear hatch struts are covered under your warranty for 3 years or 36k.
Make sure the day you set your appt at the dealership that the weather is cold enough for the tech to verify your concern.
They will more than likely have to order them and you will make a 2nd trip back to the dealership for the installation.

Chuck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts