VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every so often when I and driving and the road is dippy and at different levels a weird "donk" noise will come from my rear. Its not very loud. It almost sounds like if you would drop a 5 gallon bucket on the ground from waist high. The springs have only been installed for about a week so I wasn't sure if it was the springs still settling in or what it may be. It also doesn't happen all the time, it may happen once or twice a trip depending on the road I'm driving on. anyone have any ideas? TIA.

Pic for clicks.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Re: Weird "clunk" ever since I lowered my car (DUB_SOLID)

too early for it to be a clunker

It happens to alot of us you have to go back and re tighten everything
in my case it was a loose shock

·
Registered
566 Posts
Re: Weird "clunk" ever since I lowered my car (MyBlueR32Turbo)

Same thing here, I have a noise in my right rear. Every time my car is off balance when I'm pulling into a drive way or something it makes that noise. Probably just lose stuff but I'm really lazy to lift my car I hope I didn't mess it up.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
FV-QR

What kit?
I have PSS9's and I had a low speed clunk in the right rear. When I had her up in the air, I took a close look and the rear spring was rotated slightly that allowed for it to settle when the load came off (like when I back out of the garage or drive slowly through a bumpy gas station). I turned that spring back to its proper position and it has been gone for many many months now.
Hope this helps you too...

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: FV-QR (M00NEY)

thanks a lot guys, I am doing my haldex and oil change on friday, so I will check it out when I have it up on the lift http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif I just went for the Vogtland sport springs ordered from NGP. I like them a lot so far, drops the car to a nice height for me (about 1 1/2 finger gap) and the ride feels like OEM.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Weird "clunk" ever since I lowered my car (MyBlueR32Turbo)

Quote, originally posted by MyBlueR32Turbo »
too early for it to be a clunker

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.