VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this came to me as i was reading the "Anyone guilty of these" posts...anyways a few months ago it was brought to my attention that whenever im "Spirited Driving" or racing(track ofcourse)
that i do a little "BOUNCING" in my seat...i gotten the nick name "tigger"...weird thing is i never knew i was doing it and my friends tellin me i was doin it for 2-3 years...its still kind of a shock how i never knew... just thought ide share. yes im a weirdo http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Re: Weird driving habbits/motions... (Maflagulator)

I have the weird habit of SLAMMING the throttle when Im tryin to accelerate fast. Like the more weight I put into it the fast, instead of being quick, Im just rough. I need to work on that, my hands and shifts are smooth, but I literally stomp the gas.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Re: Weird driving habbits/motions... (Ajlepisto)

My friend Chris shifts like his life depends on it. He shifts in the blink of an eye.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Re: (nilocs)

When I'm sitting in traffic I have the bad habit of adjusting stuff. The gear lever, the fan speed, the radio volume, the contents of the change tray, the windows, etc. I'm just fidgity I guess.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Re: (lacuna)

i sometimes do math tricks with other plate numbers.
hmmm, how do i explain this?
errr... for example, the car in front of me has "532" in its plate, i try to guess how much i should add to reach "999." i dunno, just bored, i guess.
other times, i compare two plate numbers, and try to find a connection between the two. it's pretty hard to explain, really.
sometimes i try to find meaning in the letters of the plate numbers, i mean, i pretend that its an acronym for something, and i form my own meanings.
how's that for weird?

·
Banned
13,344 Posts
Re: (Kafer Wolf)

Whenever I get bored I track down rattles. Does it go away if I open the glove box? Does it go away if I put my hand on the instrument hood? Does it go away if...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Re: (kep0ne)

Quote, originally posted by kep0ne »
I always click the parking brake button when I'm bored.

lol, yea i think i need a new button for mine...maybe an aftermarket button that can withstand upto 20cpm. (clicks per minute)....in chrome....

·
Registered
314 Posts
Re: (kep0ne)

Quote, originally posted by kep0ne »
I always click the parking brake button when I'm bored.

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif thats me too

·
Banned
3,582 Posts
Re: (Kafer Wolf)

Quote, originally posted by Kafer Wolf »

sometimes i try to find meaning in the letters of the plate numbers, i mean, i pretend that its an acronym for something, and i form my own meanings.
how's that for weird?

Me too http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
I also always have my window wound down when I'm driving. All the time. Even in winter. When its snowing. At night. I just hate it witht he window up but anyone who rides in my car always begs me to wind it up because they're freezing their nuts off. Maybe I should be driving a convertible

My girlfriend leans when she turns - does the same exact thing if she plays a driving game on a computer too. Not just a little counteraction to any Gs, but leans like a biatch
Dan

Modified by DanielAdams at 3:00 PM 2-13-2004

·
Registered
411 Posts
Re: Weird driving habbits/motions... (snuffyboy3)

i hold my breath whenever i pass a cemetary and especially when passing through a tunnel. the first, i guess, is a supersticion and the second is probably...i don't know --weird?

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
Re: Weird driving habbits/motions... (snuffyboy3)

When sitting in traffic and sometimes at traffic lights I continue to put the car in 1st then neutral, push the gear shift back and forth to ensure it's in neutral, let the clutch out, repeat until it's time to move again.
1st, neutral, 1st, neutral, 1st, neutral

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Re: Weird driving habbits/motions... (DiscoStu)

when I'm in a "high-excitement" driving situation, I find that I sorta cross my big toe with the one next to it on my right foot...
weird? I think so....

·
Banned
3,582 Posts

Quote, originally posted by DiscoStu »

1st, neutral, 1st, neutral, 1st, neutral

You do realise this thread is just so we can identify all you crazies and lock you guys up, right?

·
Registered
411 Posts

that's not a weird habbit, that's obsessive compulsive disorder. you don't spend more than 2 hours washing your hands do you? j/k

·
Banned
13,344 Posts

The CD player in my Miata has a picture of a miata in the LCD display and you can make it's top go up and down by pushing a button...top up, top down, top up, top down, top up, top down, top up, top down, top up, top down, top up, top down, top up, top down, top up, top down, top up, top down, top up, top down, top up, top down, top up, top down, top up, top down, top up, top down, top up, top down, top up, top down, top up, top down, top up, top down, top up, top down, top up, top down, top up, top down, top up, top down, top up, top down, top up, top down, top up, top down, top up, top down, top up, top down, top up, top down, top up, top down, top up, top down, top up, top down, top up, top down, top up, top down, top up, top down, top up, top down, top up, top down, top up, top down, top up, top down, top up, top down, top up, top down.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts