VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I visited Rosenthal Fairfax VW to have a closer look at EOS.
After checking the car out, salesman asked me:
So what options would you want?
Me: I am looking to get 2.0T 6sp, but I am not sure about the options.
Salesman: You can get either Premium or Sport package.
Me: How much is Sport package and what exactly does it consist of? How do Sport seats look like?
Salesman: Its about $ 3,000 and it has the same seats as Passat or GLI... WTF is he talking about?
Me: Do you have an order sheet with exact pricing and all the options?
He brought one.
After going through it, I asked him for a copy (it is only one page) to bring home for my wife (it would be her car)
To my astonishment he replied:
That is the thing, I am not allowed to give it to you!
Me: Are you serious? Why?
He would not explain why, just kept saying he can't give it to me and that if my wife wants to see the prices and options, she has to come to the dealership to see the sheet in person!
He would not fudge.
Me: In that case I will take my business somewhere else!
Salesman: Where else would you go?
I left!
I do not know if that represents general sales practice at Rosenthal VW, or it was just something this salesman came up with, but either way, they lost potentional customer.

· Registered
1,425 Posts
Re: Weird sales practice at Rosenthal Fairfax VW in VA (17)

He's smart. He knows if your wife comes down to see the car, drive the car, she'll fall in love with it and want to take it home that day. She's not going to get excited over an order sheet. Every dealership operates this way.

· Registered
15,253 Posts
Re: (jbrone)

well any dealer as big as ricart will be crappy. i really hate toyota direct off of morse. they show you what you dont want then when your leaveing they want to find you what you want. not when you tell them when you walk in.
steve

· Registered
107 Posts

My local dealer (Bill Britt VW in Fredericksburg) gave me the price sheets on the cars I was looking at before I asked for them. The salesman also provided details on their pricing system (it's a no-haggle place) so I could set up accurate spreadsheets on what various models/options would cost.

· Registered
1,423 Posts
Re: Weird sales practice at Rosenthal Fairfax VW in VA (Virginia Bill)

So go drive it , and sit with him and talk numbers, and then he'll write it down, and you can swipe it from his desk when he goes and talks to his manager. Its regular practice. They want you to drive before they give you any numbers to take home.

· Registered
181 Posts

I don't live in NoVA anymore, but is this the same dealership that used to be Stohlman VW/Subaru in Tyson's Corner? I hope not. Stohlman is/was a good place to buy some years ago. If Stohlman's is still there drop in and ask for Dieter Conrad. Dieter is a straight shooter. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
http://www.stohlman-vw.com/en_US/

Modified by jpmccormac at 6:45 PM 8-20-2006

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Weird sales practice at Rosenthal Fairfax VW in VA (jpmccormac)

Quote, originally posted by jpmccormac »
I don't live in NoVA anymore, but is this the same dealership that used to be Stohlman VW/Subaru in Tyson's Corner? I hope not. Stohlman is/was a good place to buy some years ago. If Stohlman's is still there drop in and ask for Dieter Conrad. Dieter is a straight shooter. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

No, this place is on Main Street in Fairfax.
Actually I know Dieter from Stohlman. He is one of the very few car salesman I've met in the US, who actually knows/cares what he is selling.
I went to Rosenthal because I live 5min. from them. But I will go there no more http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
Quote, originally posted by R32Rich »
He's smart. He knows if your wife comes down to see the car, drive the car, she'll fall in love with it and want to take it home that day. She's not going to get excited over an order sheet. Every dealership operates this way.

I think he is dumb. If he believes that being dishonest and lying to my face is going to bring me back (with or without my wife) he is way off.
Whoever makes major financial decisions based on momentarily excitement is even dummer. We want to see the numbers beforehand. And if he does not give us that chance, we'll take our business elsewhere!
I wish the jerk would read this, but he probably has no clue about VWVortex anyway.

· Registered
298 Posts

Quote, originally posted by 17 »
Yesterday I visited Rosenthal Fairfax VW to have a closer look at EOS.
After checking the car out, salesman asked me:
So what options would you want?
Me: I am looking to get 2.0T 6sp, but I am not sure about the options.
Salesman: You can get either Premium or Sport package.
Me: How much is Sport package and what exactly does it consist of? How do Sport seats look like?
Salesman: Its about $ 3,000 and it has the same seats as Passat or GLI... WTF is he talking about?
Me: Do you have an order sheet with exact pricing and all the options?
He brought one.
After going through it, I asked him for a copy (it is only one page) to bring home for my wife (it would be her car)
To my astonishment he replied:
That is the thing, I am not allowed to give it to you!
Me: Are you serious? Why?
He would not explain why, just kept saying he can't give it to me and that if my wife wants to see the prices and options, she has to come to the dealership to see the sheet in person!
He would not fudge.
Me: In that case I will take my business somewhere else!
Salesman: Where else would you go?
I left!
I do not know if that represents general sales practice at Rosenthal VW, or it was just something this salesman came up with, but either way, they lost potentional customer.

this is why I have a trusty camera/pda phone!

· Registered
5 Posts

yea i just wanted to say that browns vw in manassas, va sucks balls also cuz they wont ever keep to their promises. i can say the congressional vw in rockville, md was perfect in every aspect. my sales men ryu was so nice to me and my wife and he did anything and everything to make my wife and i happy sence our last visit to browns. browns of manassas makes you feel like your nothing to them. congressional made us feel great. i even took my new rabbit that purchased from congressional and drove it to browns and walked into the sales man and the general manager telling them to look at what i got. my lovely wife even took it a step further by giving them the good old fashion middle finger.......then we drove off....haha good times had by all.......especially me

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.