VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone using them on a scirocco???? I am trying to find a set in Canada (don't wan't to deal with the shipping / duty) Does anyone know where I can get a set from? Any websites in which have prices would be nice too!
Thanx

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
Re: Weitec Coilovers (WhiteScirocco)

go with a set of KW coilovers for 1200$ http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
and since they would be shipped inside of Canada

or H&Rs also shipped inside of Canada for about 1150$

[Modified by JoshmkII, 8:42 PM 8-6-2002]

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Weitec Coilovers (JoshmkII)

OK, I remeber seeing a set of Weitech coilover in Calgary for around $1200 Canadian...... That is what I am planning on speding on a suspension set-up, somewhere around the $1200 - $1600 Canadian range. My car is currently lowered around 3.5 inches on all four corners, I really like the look of the car at this height but it really rides very rough, What I am running is a set of KYB shox that are brand new and it still rides like crap!
Any sugestions on how to improve my ride? (Don't say put it to a "normal" height!) Or is it just one of those things that a scirocco is known for?

·
Registered
10,008 Posts

3.5 inches = rides like crap.
I dont think you have really much of a choice f you want to go that low.

the only possible way to do anything about is to go with coilovers, shocks/struts and lowering springs are only really good for up to an inch, or 1.5 inches if you really push it.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts

3.5" drop ? you are asking for trouble!! Scirocco don't have much suspension travel , even in stock form. With the car sitting level, look at your A-arms, they should line up with the lower stress bar and that would be the maximum drop your car should be at . excessive drop cracks frames!!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Weitec Coilovers (Dimitri16V)

Ha Ha Ha now that is funny my control arms sitting even with the vehicle.... Well that isn't happening in my case! I am aware of the possably "dangers" of being low, I am going to be adding extra suport to my frame very soon!
JoshMk2, I am aware that my scirocco is going to ride really rought but what I am trying to eliminate is the "springy niss" of the shox. I don't mind the ride and harshness of the suspensions, I just wan't to elimenate the bounching effect!
Sugestions on that?
Also could someone post a pic of a Moderatly lowered scirocco on 16's????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts