VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious to know in comparison how different the Weitec GT kits are compared to the H&R Cup Kit. Is it lower than the Cup? and how well does it stand up to the Cup in daily driving applications. Basically, is it worth it over the Cup?

G

·
Re: Weitec Kits (ShaolinDubber)

go with the cup kit. mine is a little lower than the cup kit.. and it handles well under heavy cornering.. but damn is it bouncy. very rough. the cup kit i think is a better compromise between everyday driving and performance driving. i should take you for a ride or something.. bounce your ass around on some bumpy roads so you won't buy em

G

·
Re: Weitec Kits (rt30000)

quote:[HR][/HR]I love my weitec GT kit.[HR][/HR]​
i forgot to tell you that most all 2.0 owners love their weitec kits.
mines a vr6. i shoulda got the cup kit.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Re: Weitec Kits (Majik6)

Nah, I've got a 2.0 and I'm not to hip on mine.
But I'm deffinantly in the minority.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Re: Weitec Kits (za'afiel)

rapidparts.com is selling weitec kits at $399. is that the best price out there? Given the deal, is the ride quality good for the money? i got a 2.0 gti.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Re: Weitec Kits (ShaolinDubber)

anyone with the cup kit in their vr have any problems scraping? I think it lowers 2" in the front and 1.7" in the rear which seems like a lot.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Re: Weitec Kits (NJGTI)

I definetly scraped my oil pan a few times when I had my 15's on nothing serious though. Now that I have 17's it sits a little higher, and I have not hit since.
Im considering one of those skid plates for the oil pan.

[Modified by mtbiker493, 10:19 AM 6-7-2002]

[Modified by mtbiker493, 12:01 PM 6-7-2002]

G

·
Re: Weitec Kits (mtbiker493)

i have the 60/40 drop and i busted my pan and broke the oil pump.
$700 mistake right there.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I guess the cup would be better, and just suck it up with the extra $200. But I'm running a 2.slow, so I might be cool........if I plan to run these 17's"

·
Registered
593 Posts

You will definetly have to change your driving habits if you get the 60/40 kit, or any other kit for that matter that lowers your car significantly.
(Majik6), I really dont see why you are negitive about the Weitec kit. Every lowered car I have ever driven has had a rather bumpy ride. Isnt that one reason you lower your car in the first place? To ride stiffer and handle better? The ride I got was pretty much what I expected.
-Joe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts