VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the car back, runs awesome so far 70 miles on the new tranny and brakes, taking her very easy to break everything in.

On da lift

Adam takin her for a test drive[awesome mechanic]!

Ahh final test run

New Shiz
oil filter
drain plug seal
synthetic mobil 1 oil
GL5 Gear fluid
coolant
brake fluid
ATE front pads
ATE PowerDisc
Bosch Plugs
Air filter
Wiper Blades
Interstate Battery
Timng Belt
Bushings
Kyb Rear Shocks/Front Struts
Fuel Mixture
Tranny 7A
Keep you guys updated on how the ride is.....

[Modified by Blitz16v, 11:00 PM 4-10-2002]

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Re: Welcome home Julia. (Blitz16v)

congrats http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Welcome home Julia. (Atlantonius the IInd)

Alright, brakes are getting better everything is starting to loosen up thank god, gonna wait till 200 miles to let her rip. Noticed some ticking near the vbelts, lets see if that goes away coming from near the alternator.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Re: Welcome home Julia. (eastcoastdubs)

Hey that's cool that you got it back. I had just got my car back getting body work done about 2 weeks ago and it just got broke into a few nights and has to go back to get all the locks and a couple new dents fixed and I won't have it for another week.
Good luck man?

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Welcome home Julia. (Orestes11)

Yeah well had to get a new A/C Compressor cause, the friggin thing came apart this morning good thing it didn't seize up on me. Godamn what a ****ty fukin day.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Re: Welcome home Julia. (SauerKraut)

quote:[HR][/HR]
Hell yeah, Blitz!
Its about time to have her back. I went without my car for a week, and I almost lost it.
[HR][/HR]​
Wuss.
I'm sitting at over 6 months

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Welcome home Julia. (SauerKraut)

After around 230 miles of ho-hum driving, kinda let her rip tonight everything feels good maybe need to richen her a lil up top via the FTS module..tranny feels fine everything is so firm it still needs to break in, breaks are getting better as I drive more often everything is falling into place nicely. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by Blitz16v, 1:54 AM 4-12-2002]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.