VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Another issue for me is that track events are a long ways away. I suppose that the nearest real track is Larry Miller Park in SLC. I've visited but haven't driven there. Typically I drive to the coast, about 700 miles to get to a track event.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,
I'm Sean. Owner of "Little Bit" as in little bit further. 2002 W8 Passat Wagon. Prior VWs: 2000 Passat 1.8, 1969 Type 2 (Little Further) and my first car, a 1972 Red Type I. Currently looking for parts and advise for the W8 check engine light, various errors, including O2 sensor, thermostat (transmission?) and various electrical glitches I've noted, e.g. can't get rid of Air Bag light.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello,
I'm Sean. Owner of "Little Bit" as in little bit further. 2002 W8 Passat Wagon. Prior VWs: 2000 Passat 1.8, 1969 Type 2 (Little Further) and my first car, a 1972 Red Type I. Currently looking for parts and advise for the W8 check engine light, various errors, including O2 sensor, thermostat (transmission?) and various electrical glitches I've noted, e.g. can't get rid of Air Bag light.
Do you know what your Airbag Error code is?

I have one too and a common failure is the seatbelt connector, a wire inside moves when inserting the belt clip. This wears down and eventually breaks.

Haven’t gotten into tackling that yet.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you know what your Airbag Error code is?

I have one too and a common failure is the seatbelt connector, a wire inside moves when inserting the belt clip. This wears down and eventually breaks.

Haven’t gotten into tackling that yet.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for that tip! I am getting the codes checked next week and will let you know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for that tip! I am getting the codes checked next week and will let you know.
My electrical saga continues: Auxiliary Fan was running all the time. Got a used one installed. At first, it ran on after engine shut off about 5-7 minutes (in the cold!). Side issue, battery is being drained overnight, and sometimes needs a jump after a short drive around. Now fan is not running and engine gets hot in traffic. New Aux control unit, so it must be a relay or a short somewhere. Also, multiple error codes on O2 sensors. Does anyone know or heard that one of the O2 sensors (#1 in in Bank 1) supplies voltage to the Temp Sensor?

·
Registered
4 Posts
My electrical saga continues: Auxiliary Fan was running all the time. Got a used one installed. At first, it ran on after engine shut off about 5-7 minutes (in the cold!). Side issue, battery is being drained overnight, and sometimes needs a jump after a short drive around. Now fan is not running and engine gets hot in traffic. New Aux control unit, so it must be a relay or a short somewhere. Also, multiple error codes on O2 sensors. Does anyone know or heard that one of the O2 sensors (#1 in in Bank 1) supplies voltage to the Temp Sensor?
I have a thermostat error code P0579 and the Torque converter code. Fun times. Running cold sometimes on highway so must be thermostat is stuck open.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just looking for advice on Atlas seats. We've had our 2018 SEL 4Motion since new. More than 60,000 miles now (only minor issues all under warranty). The Atlas is great in town and short trips (couple of hours). But anything over 5 or so hours kills my lower back. My wife isn't a fan either and we're fairly different sizes. Have had plenty of seat time to mess with seating position. I thought I'd escaped the problem by taking breaks and walking around every 2 hours in our last trip of almost 8 hours but woke up this morning in quite a bit of pain.

·
Registered
2022 VW Golf R Mk VIII
21 Posts
Hello! Kinda new to your forums, but it has been about 20 years or so since I have been on here.

Anyways, just bought a new 2022 Golf R Mk VIII the other day and will take delivery on Feb 12th. I am so excited!!

I am a Husband, father of 2 and a VW fan. This will be my third VW. I have had other manufacture's cars but nothing feels quite like a VW. I have always wanted an R since the R32 came to the US in 2004. Now, I can afford one and this one is the best so far. I am looking forward to getting my butt in the seat!

Thanks

·
Registered
2012 VW CC Sport
39 Posts
Hey all, this is Datsun1600.

I grew up in a family that had an early 70s red VW camper van and a light blue Beetle. I bought my first VW in 1994 (Jetta GLS). That was my first new car purchase from a dealer. I had to get rid of the car after 8 years because we moved across the country. Just re-entered the VW family with my very recent purchase of a gently used 2012 VW CC Sport (one owner, 65k miles, no rust, clean engine). Man, that car is enjoyable to drive, and it's stock! The seats are amazing too.

Other cars I've owned, or co-owned with my wife:
63 Chevy Pickup
68 Datsun 1600 Roadster
69 Datsun 1600 Roadster
70 Datsun 1600 Roadster (see a pattern?!)
72 Datsun 510 with BRE suspension package
89 Daihatsu Charade
94 VW Jetta GLS
97 Subaru Outback
97 Mazda MPV
11 Ford Explorer --> still own
12 VW CC

Thank goodness for these forums. I've learned so much already, and probably saved myself a ton of money and misery because I preemptively replaced the PCV valve and the prone-to-fail timing chain tensioner after reading about RMS leaks and destroyed valves.

Can't say I'm thrilled for variety of fasteners that VW decided to use, but at least I get to buy new tools! Crazy Germans.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey All Shane here from AUSTRALIA-NSW,
I bought a MK4 R32 DBP,, In Australia there very rare only 199 made it here out of 200 as one never made it so I'm told, There All numbered Mines #49 minty condition 100k miles on clock few mods done ( OEM+ ) and a few to go.. LOL God help me as Australia is a joke to get parts/Bits.. Cheers
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello hello

My first car was a Mk4 Golf that I fell in love with. Traded it in for a tiguan that I've had for a few years. Buttttt I really missed the hatchback and so I recently purchased a 2013 GTI Driver's Edition. I have no experience working on cars but I've been wanting to get into working on them and modding. I've definitely used the forum as a resource a few times and finally decided to join. Glad to be here!

·
Registered
2000 Jetta GLX VR6
2 Posts
This forum is the welcoming place for all newly registered members of the VWVortex & Fourtitude forums.

Have questions? Can't figure things out? Here's the place to start.

This forum is not a free-for-all or chatroom.

It is a forum for newly registered members that want to say a hello and introduce themselves, etc.

Please Follow These Rules and post accordingly. A link to the forum FAQ is in my signature below.

If you need technical assistance with regards to your vehicle, check out:
A VW model specific forum
An Audi model specific forum
A Technical forum
or one of our Regional Forums

If you need technical assistance with regards to forum account or general usage, please check into our Help Forum.

Thanks, and enjoy your time here. :)
I discovered this forum in the early 2000's as I was trying to decide if I wanted to fix my own car of let the dealerships take advantage of me and my wallet. I found many good tips over the years to fix and maintain the car myself and only just decided to join the community to share my experiences with my good old 2000 Mk IV Jetta VR6 in GLX trim - still going strong and running like a champ due to the the regular maintenance I have done since I took delivery of it brand new from the showroom floor in late 1999. It's still in my opinion the best looking piece of sheet metal VW put out on the Jetta model line. My Mk IV VR6 Jetta handles better than anything else in its class I have driven. I am reminded of that after driving rental cars from other brands and returning to my Jetta. Precise, hydraulically assisted steering and tight turning radii beat anything electrically assisted steering system out there. Unfortunately after 2004 the Jettas have all looked like Toyota Corollas and don't stand out on the road like the Mk IV's - a unique and instantly recognizable vehicle - like the Beetle.

Over the years this site seemed to have lost many of the great photos that made many maintenance and repair tasks much easier to follow than words only in the early days (I have the Bentley Manual for my model which also helps with graphics to go with most of the repair/removal instructions). Looking forward to see if anyone on this site can convince me to get a new VW. Would have loved to see the ID.3 here in the USA (with better software of course!). I'm not crazy about the ID.4. Just not my style and the proportions of the car doesn't look right for an SUV.

·
Registered
12 Posts
New to the this forum and I just bought a 2017 Jetta GLI that had been damaged by previous owner. I am fixing it up for my daughter and looking for some parts. Still need a GLI upper grill and a front bumper cover. Also looking for drivers side, side skirt for 2017 GLI. Saw a post for bumper cover from Jerryel1nico but can't reply.

jerryel1nico

21 - 40 of 44 Posts