VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well guys got news from insurance today...............

Well I got a letter from insurance today and my car is officially totalled.........

I dunno if thats a good thing or bad thing as of right now, but with all my receipts that i gave them they still said my car still wasn't worth more, than the $3,800 worth of repairs.........

I probably gave them up to about $8,000 worth of receipts... I'm definitly going to buy it back from insurance company and use the left over money for a downpayment on a new car..... guess its time for a new project now.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Re: well guys got news from insurance today............... (A2sHAVeddubber)

So sorry to see that!

Well, at least you know that if you sell it on here, someone will get the opportunity to salvage all that hard work, and it won't rot in some yard.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Re: well guys got news from insurance today............... (mk2 6'in)

Dude, thats rough. I think it's time for many of these
. On the upside, it's definitely time for a new project http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
824 Posts
Re: well guys got news from insurance today............... (Sir Dub-A-Lot)

At least your wheels didn't get messed up... swap all your parts. You going to stay with a jetta?

Modified by LaLux at 7:03 PM 7-1-2003

·
Banned
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: well guys got news from insurance today............... (LaLux)

yeah mabe scince i'm keeping mine and i already have a vr6 i might get an 03 jetta 1.8t............ not shure yet... most definitly getting
tonight

·
Registered
2,937 Posts

why dont you sue the bastards that wrecked your car?? this is america ya know

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Re: well guys got news from insurance today............... (compakt)

Did you insure the car as a VR or just an 89 GL?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Re: well guys got news from insurance today............... (Rob Vila)

Here is a neat idea (impractical as it is) Get another A2, and mod it to look exactly the same as your silver one, only put a turbo 16v or 1.8t in it.

·
Registered
768 Posts

here 's an idea...I must see free mk2 jetta rollers all over and you can buy rollers for a couple hundred bones. Buy a roller and transplant.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Re: well guys got news from insurance today............... (stroudcoheavy)

Quote, originally posted by stroudcoheavy »
Here is a neat idea (impractical as it is) Get another A2, and mod it to look exactly the same as your silver one, only put a turbo 16v or 1.8t in it.

What would be the point in that?

·
Registered
2,373 Posts

that freakin blows, only 3,800, 8,000 in reciepts?? but what rob vila said, did you put it as a 89 gl, or as a vr?

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Re: well guys got news from insurance today............... (PerfectGLi)

is it true but is the 92 GTi able still be full covered by car insurance ?just heard somewhere recently

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Re: well guys got news from insurance today............... (eurovwgti)

i am sorry to see that man... but New Jersey is no better, i have tried to ask questions about the car even if I have the recipts to prove everything w/ the full compressive they said the most we would give you would be 3,000. Which is bull i bought the car for 2g, and if i start to do a swap it puts me over another 3g into it.
NJ is the worst state out there

·
Banned
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: well guys got news from insurance today............... (91jettavr6)

nah i didn't have full coverage on the car before i did the swap and was planning on changing over the insurance plan so it would cover all the parts, but too late

·
Registered
1,212 Posts

Jez that sucks man. Was that your daily driver? If it was I'd seriously be considering parting it out, then taking the money and putting it down on a either a new(er) car; at least until you're ready to start a new project. Whatever you do, I'd give it some time to think over your options before you make a definitive choice. Good luck man. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
648 Posts
Re: well guys got news from insurance today............... (2slo2go)

part it out man...... part it out to till your looking at a bent frame on cinder blocks. I don't know how much garage space you have and what not, but If I were you i'd part everything from fenders to the steering wheel man. every penny adds up bro http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,784 Posts

oh *****.
man sorry to see this. you finished this car not that long ago and is totalled now

what ever you do just don't buy a mk4 they suck.
good luck.

·
Banned
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: well guys got news from insurance today............... (hotshotz16v)

Quote, originally posted by hotshotz16v »
oh *****.
man sorry to see this. you finished this car not that long ago and is totalled now

what ever you do just don't buy a mk4 they suck.
good luck.

haha i have no fenders flares........... DONT GET AN MK4??? why do they suck?? i was actually thinking of getting an 03 jetta 1.8t

1 - 20 of 22 Posts