VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
2021 BMW x3 m40i, Future 2022 VW Golf R
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after 6 months of waiting, my dealer finally revealed that they are marking up the Golf R $10K over MSRP. That’s a total bummer as I was really pumped to get back into a VW and was psyched about the MK8.

Guess it’s back to something else; it’s a real shame that VW is going to lose the very enthusiasts that they made this car for by dealer price-gouging.

Good luck everyone. Sad news.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well, after 6 months of waiting, my dealer finally revealed that they are marking up the Golf R $10K over MSRP. That’s a total bummer as I was really pumped to get back into a VW and was psyched about the MK8.

Guess it’s back to something else; it’s a real shame that VW is going to lose the very enthusiasts that they made this car for by dealer price-gouging.

that’s garbage!

sorry this is happening, it is a fun little machine too.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I don't understand. A person can go out and buy an M340i for that.

I love vw, but who's going to pay $55k for an R when you can get a rwd biased, twin turbo bmw for about the same price,

·
Registered
160 Posts

There’s lots of new information out there on this, but all is not lost. Where are you located? There are dealers selling the car at MSRP. I have contacts at a dealership in the Phoenix Valley that can get you a MK8R at MSRP. Yes, you will need to ship the car, but a small price to pay if you really want the car. Shipping is probably around $800 to $1000 or so.

Let me know if you want more information.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
Dealers can markup whatever the want; Consumers aren't forced to pay it. It's not extortion - it's supply and demand.

Yes, it's disappointing, but there's an old saying about a fool and his money...

·
Registered
217 Posts
The deliberate misuse of the word was intended to convey facetiousness.

Horse Water Plant Sky Ecoregion

·
Registered
22 Posts

That sucks. I now make it a point to ask about whether a dealer intends to sell at MSRP, or not. Luckily for me, each time I've asked them this question they think I'm asking about discounts rather than ADM.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Holy, ugh. Is that really your only dealer option in the area?
Yep, I've checked all dealers within a 500 mile radius of Denver. This was in Casper, WY. Everyone else has a waiting list of more than 20 people, which would put me into 2024, if ever. I don't have the time or patience to deal with these shenanigans any longer. :cry:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There’s lots of new information out there on this, but all is not lost. Where are you located? There are dealers selling the car at MSRP. I have contacts at a dealership in the Phoenix Valley that can get you a MK8R at MSRP. Yes, you will need to ship the car, but a small price to pay if you really want the car. Shipping is probably around $800 to $1000 or so.

Let me know if you want more information.
Yes, can you give me some contact information?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That sucks. I now make it a point to ask about whether a dealer intends to sell at MSRP, or not. Luckily for me, each time I've asked them this question they think I'm asking about discounts rather than ADM.
Yeah, they decided to "change their minds". :mad:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Let's see how long the car sits on the lot for. I don't think anyone will pay the $10K ADM. That's a crap load of money.
Agreed, it's ridiculous. Not as ridiculous as the dealer asking $20K extra for a GTI, but it's definitely up there.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts