VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got my suspension setup installed yesterday... I am in love with the increased handling and the great look of the car! Maybe its just me, but it seems like the setup is a little bouncy?? Then again the car hasn't settled yet. Oh well here are some pics, tell me what you guys think!
Before:

Before - rear wheel gap:

After: (Sideshot)

After: (angleshot)

After: (front gap)

After: (rear gap)

Sorry for all the pics
Im just excited I got the car dropped.... I didn't install the upgraded sway bar or adjustable endlinks though... maybe I should get that done?
What do you guys think?
David

· Registered
8,215 Posts
Re: Well I finally did it!! Bilstein/H&R Race suspension setup - pics inside - 56k c ... (Plat1.8T)

Lookin really good, to is a little bouncy but thats just how it rides because settling wont do anything for the ride it will just lower it a tad more as the springs reach their compression.

· Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Well I finally did it!! Bilstein/H&R Race suspension setup - pics inside - 56k c ... (samc)

Quote, originally posted by samc »
bouncy or stiff? Alot of people mistaken the two.

I would definitely say bouncy... The ride in my M3 is stiff... I have a passenger or 2 in the back and I hit a bump, and it seems like they are going to hit there head on the ceiling of my car..... oh well.... are the bilstein sports externally adjustable or anything??? I was just thinking about that..

· Registered
382 Posts
Re: Well I finally did it!! Bilstein/H&R Race suspension setup - pics inside - 56k c ... (Plat1.8T)

the ride will even get better as time goes on. its like wine dude, it gets better with time . you will never go back!!!

· Registered
629 Posts
Re: Well I finally did it!! Bilstein/H&R Race suspension setup - pics inside - 56k c ... (rampage)

looks great!!!
that's exactly what i want to do to mine. could give me a better idea of the exact part names and cost, and how much you paid to have it done?
definitely a sharper looking car that inch or so lower....love it.

· Banned
1,004 Posts
Re: Well I finally did it!! Bilstein/H&R Race suspension setup ... (INSANE808JETTA)

Yeah, the VW will never feel like your M3 suspension setup... but you can get pretty darn close http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Lookin' good

It will settle a bit in a few weeks like everyone else is telling you also as an added positive ...
FYI.....what you have right now isn't adjustable like H&R coilovers or other brand coilovers...
I started out with just H&R Sport Springs and then just bypassed all other upgrades (like Cup Kit) and went straight to the H&R Coilovers in my NB... LOL
Enjoy! You'll probably love it more every day you drive.... ...I can't speak for your passangers thought...LOL
I must admit I hate being the passanger in my NB now....

BTW: The sway bars will stiffen it more.... and let you get wheel lift in back around turns (for the rear sway bar)....
I found the sway bars well worth it...
The reay sway bar is pretty much DIY for anyone who tinkers... but the front sway bar... well, you need to drop the subframe and redo the alignment

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.