VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ended up being the coil output stage. The thing had a strange mis that took me 6 months to figure out. Now I have a completely brand new ignition system. Car runs good now. If I could only find a transmission without any holes in it I'll be set

[Modified by CorradoKidd, 8:01 PM 12-6-2001]

·
Registered
437 Posts
Re: Well I Fixed My Misfire (CorradoKidd)

I had a tranny with seven holes in it after a night at the track. Try to fing someone that can weld the holes for you. Sometimes it will work. It worked on mine. Saved me a but load of cash. I even put a Peloquin in and still saved dough.

·
Registered
20,448 Posts
Re: Well I Fixed My Misfire (Nine2cg60)

you MUST be new to the VW community! vw trannies are junk. they (factory)cheap out and put rivits in the ring&pinion instead of hard bolts, so when you drop the clutch they pop out and grenade through your tranny. they sell the bolt kit for like 40 bucks since they knew the F-ed up, to bad never a recall on it. ah well. also 1st gear i think is fasened poorly or something i forget its late i mean early (3:20am)

·
Registered
527 Posts
Re: Well I Fixed My Misfire (VW1990CORRADO)

Where do these holes actually appear, the gearbox or the bell housing?

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Well I Fixed My Misfire (beenana)

quote:[HR][/HR]how did you figure out that it was the coil output stage?
beenana[HR][/HR]​
I replaced every thing else, process of elimination

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Well I Fixed My Misfire (coolC)

quote:[HR][/HR]Where do these holes actually appear, the gearbox or the bell housing?[HR][/HR]​
Mine are on the dirr, it looks like one of the rivets slipped out and machined a few holes in my case. The diff and gears are still good, lucky me, I caught it in time before the rivets came all the way out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts