VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
15,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to pull what i though was a bad turbo .. turns out that the turbo and the block are now junk .. cylinder 3 punched a hole in the block .
I probably will just go back to a 2.o fore now. to be honest i am not sure if i even wanna keep modding at this point .....

( I know I will get slammed for all the trash i talked .. feel free)
~fred

·
Registered
15,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: well , it was fun while it lasted (preNotoriousDUB)

it just sucks had a lot of time in the motor ... and now its in peices . somehow i just dont feel like its worth it

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Re: well , it was fun while it lasted (EvilVento2.oT)

Quote, originally posted by EvilVento2.oT »
it just sucks had a lot of time in the motor ... and now its in peices . somehow i just dont feel like its worth it

after all that work, id probably give up on modding as well! probably jus buy a wrx sti or something .... never having to worry bout modding again

·
Registered
15,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: well , it was fun while it lasted (sassbs)

the thing that pisses me off is it was in first gear and 12 psi not even crazy , it was like BOOM.. and a lot of bad noises and smells

·
Banned
9,669 Posts
are you/were you running a wideband?

those motors should run 12psi allllll day long, I wonder if something was wrong causing it to run lean.

p.s. go cut some broads hair, get some moneys and put in a new block. switching back to a 2.0 would be dumb (and prolly more work)

·
Registered
661 Posts
Re: well , it was fun while it lasted (sassbs)

Quote, originally posted by sassbs »

after all that work, id probably give up on modding as well! probably jus buy a wrx sti or something .... never having to worry bout modding again

yeah idiot, good one. lets get an sti and then blow a hole through the front of the block this time!! woohoo. lol ive seen that about a dozen times.

get another block and start over

·
10,790 Posts
Re: well , it was fun while it lasted (EvilVento2.oT)

Ouch - what happened that caused the failure?

1 - 20 of 100 Posts