VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I drove my Isuzu Trooper home from work. I was flipped off twice for no reason. Everyday when I log onto this board I always hear the BS about how terrible SUVs are and how idiotic their drivers are.
So I had all I could take.

She was a good truck. Strong, reliable. She could go anywhere, carry anything. She will be missed

I got rid of her last night.
And with my wife driving the Audi and the Jetta laid up for repair, I got this to drive:

I'm sure it's still not good enough. Probably too ugly or too slow or some such nonesense. But at least I won't be "an SUV" driver
Sometimes you just can't win.

·
Registered
14,565 Posts
Re: Well, I've had it with all the SUV haters on this board and on the road... (Silly_me)

I've had it with people who make decisions based upon what the public opinion is at the time.

For the record, I'll never own an SUV unless it's a 20 y/o Toyota.
Chris

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Re: Well, I've had it with all the SUV haters on this board and on the road... (Silly_me)

No poop? Think of all the money you'll save on gas. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
'20 Kia Telluride SX, '17 Mazda CX-5, '07 Airstream Safari SE 23'
11,125 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Last night I drove my Isuzu Trooper home from work. I was flipped off twice for no reason.[HR][/HR]​
I, ummm, read that as you flipping over twice....

Silly, you're kidding, right? You really sold the Trooper for gas money for the Audi, right?
Tom

·
Registered
2019 Pajero Sport and 1999 100 series LC
12,510 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Last night I drove my Isuzu Trooper home from work. I was flipped off twice for no reason.
[HR][/HR]​
Is it possible they thought you where cute?

·
Registered
14,856 Posts

i thought you had always been driving the metro to work?

regardless, i'm sure the audi makes for the lost trooper, at least on the highways...

·
I could've been a contender.
41,106 Posts
Re: Well, I've had it with all the SUV haters on this board and on the road... (CBJ)

quote:[HR][/HR]Is it possible they thought you where cute?[HR][/HR]​
do you normally flip someone off b/c they are cute???
silly- what up, man? screw the others....
you should have converted the trooper over to this:

bill
(what are you going to use to tow the boat with? the audi???)

·
Registered
8,673 Posts
Re: Well, I've had it with all the SUV haters on this board and on the road... (CBJ)

silly_me, are you hurt or not?! did 1) you flip the trooper or 2) did somebody just give you the finger?

·
Premium Member
'21 Tacoma TRD-Offroad – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
38,612 Posts

Please tell me you are kidding Silly.

·
Banned
19,336 Posts
Re: Well, I've had it with all the SUV haters on this board and on the road... (Sporin)

I hope you'll be happy. But frankly I'd rather drive the Metro than an SUV anyway. Although tiney and very low powered, they are quite tossable, which is soemthing no SUV could ever be. Good luck with all your automotive endeavours...

·
Registered
8,656 Posts
Re: Well, I've had it with all the SUV haters on this board and on the road... (CanuckPal)

quote:[HR][/HR]I, ummm, read that as you flipping over twice....

Me too.
[HR][/HR]​
Must be the SUV context...

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Re: Well, I've had it with all the SUV haters on this board and on the road... (Y2kSI)

Silly- There is a huge difference between a house wife with no kids and nothing to tow to driving an excursion and your trooper which you use to tow a boat. Even if you didn't have a boat I'd still think it's a cool truck and it's cool that you're driving it because I know you'd drive it RESPONSIBLY. There is a decent percent that buy a giant SUV and it totally gets to their head. You're too cool for that and I think you should be cool enough to say fook the kids who can't see the difference.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Re: Well, I've had it with all the SUV haters on this board and on the road... (Y2kSI)

I really hope you're kidding as I think you are. No one could be so shallow as to sell a perfectly usable and good auto because of public opinion. And for all you ididots saying you'd rather drive the geo, tards.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts

Well, this may not be being reported in the USA, but your government has advised it's allies to start to stockpile gasoiline in preperation for impending actions in the Persian Gulf. The report I heard (CBC Radio) said that the US was advising that their projection was retail fuel prices could DOUBLE by winter.
I bet that metro would look pretty good if that happened.

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Well, I've had it with all the SUV haters on this board and on the road... (golf strom)

quote:[HR][/HR]I hope gas prices DO increase maybe then we can get those barges off the road.[HR][/HR]​
It's not like your GTI and 2.0 are gas misers there. My 2.0 jetta get shtty mileage for a four banger.

·
Registered
34,664 Posts

From someone whose family has both 1.9TDI, 1.8T and 2.slow.

2.slow neither has the performance of a 1.8T nor the efficiency of a TDI.

[Modified by A4Jetta, 11:40 AM 8-8-2002]

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.