VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:D

After waiting 7 months for this exact Golf package, I can finally drive it! Well, sorta. Picking it up in four days from now. This Golf is spec'd as follows:

2015 Golf S w/Sunroof 1.8T TSI with 5MT
Blue Silk
Beige Interior
Lighting Package (LP)
Driver Assistance Package (DAP)

Here she is only an hour off the truck:

Single Digits ODO!

I already have a few things planned for it.

What I have already:
OEM RoW incandescent tail lights (for now. Still deciding if ill do the LED tails as I am not a fan on how they look)
HS Tuning RoW tail light harness (slightly modified for non LED tails)
Rear Fog
Door warning lights
Tonnes of VCDS coding (now that I finally get to mess with a mk7!)
OEM LED number plate lights
OEM Blind spot mirrors
Neither bumper drilled as ill be using a USMillWorks tow hook plate holder for the front and a Volvo bracket for the rear. (Lets hope they follow through with this request)

What I plan on in the future:
Passenger side under seat drawer (has drivers side)
Folding mirrors
Coils at some point. Might even do VWR springs. Unsure yet.
A tune but whatever comes out where I can flash it at home and be able to return to stock. Nothing for the 1.8T yet.
Full detail with Opticoat done by a pro.

Probably other things but I can't think about them right now as I am too excited!

Anyway, ill keep you guys updated on this as it happens!

Update!

Here it is!

Parking sensors and forward collision warning sensor:

And mounted my plate in the snow with the Volvo bracket:

So far, I have found that my passanger side number plate light will not come out of the bumper. Seems that the wire is snagged on something inside :(. Guess ill have to wait till spring so I can pull the bumper off and release it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Awesome man! Which dealership if you don't mind me asking? Just ordered mine last week. I'm in Queens and Nassau all the time.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's about time!!! haha congrats and enjoy it!

EDIT: whats the Tra 100%??
I was just noticing that as I was posting this. It was in transport mode still so maybe something to do with that?

Drezz said:
Cheers to color, LP and especially MANUAL trans!
Exactly why I waited so long! Just wish it was a 6MT but I guess ill swap it later :laugh:

·
Registered
795 Posts
Wow, I didn't know you could get a Golf S in a four door with a 5 speed MT. Still I love the light blue color, you're just gonna love that little car to pieces.

It's nice to see a non GTI on this forum, so much car for so little money, well done but why do you have to wait four days? My car rolled off the truck around noon and by 7:30 PM, I was driving it home.

Four days is an eternity, well, unless you've waited years for the car in the first place, seven months is enough.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, I didn't know you could get a Golf S in a four door with a 5 speed MT. Still I love the light blue color, you're just gonna love that little car to pieces.

It's nice to see a non GTI on this forum, so much car for so little money, well done but why do you have to wait four days? My car rolled off the truck around noon and by 7:30 PM, I was driving it home.

Four days is an eternity, well, unless you've waited years for the car in the first place, seven months is enough.
Agreed! I have to get people to stop assuming every car people talk about on here is a GTI :laugh:

I guess because this package is just awesome for the price, why I was able to wait so long. Plus, I am in a lease currently which is why waiting helped me a lot! I drive to much to lease (never again for me).

Reason I am waiting a few days is because my good friend im no hero x is joining and can only on that day. Plus, my salesman is not there tomorrow and I figured I can wait one more day. Reason he is coming is because we are pulling my snow wheels of my current Mk6 to throw on the new Mk7 before I return it and he will point out every issue that I am to blind to see just incase the dealer forgets something.

·
Registered
6,633 Posts
Nice car! Brave man on the beige too :thumbup:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Congrats!! I can't wait for you to do your taillights! I've been to busy/lazy to mess with mine anymore. Post pics when done!!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Great car!
Where did you acquire the Volvo bracket? Online or locally? I'm likely to stop at Smithtown Volvo tomorrow.
Thanks and good luck!

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Congrats!! I can't wait for you to do your taillights! I've been to busy/lazy to mess with mine anymore. Post pics when done!!
Don't worry. You will know when I do it :thumbup:! Ill probably wait till spring to do it though as it is cold up in this area.

congrats from another non-GTI car on this forum!
We need to convert more members!

Great car!
Where did you acquire the Volvo bracket? Online or locally? I'm likely to stop at Smithtown Volvo tomorrow.
Thanks and good luck!
I bought it online from a dealer in IL. Let me know how your Volvo dealer trip goes!

·
Registered
93 Posts
After waiting 7 months for this exact Golf package, I can finally drive it! Well, sorta. Picking it up in four days from now. This Golf is spec'd as follows:

2015 Golf S w/Sunroof 1.8T TSI with 5MT
Blue Silk
Beige Interior
Lighting Package (LP)
Driver Assistance Package (DAP)
From another recent Golf buyer, congrats! (Mine's a TDI SE with the same option packages and colors you've got.)

rallymaniac555 said:
I sure as hell would not wait 7 months for any car
Apparently the driver assistance package is really slowing things down. I placed an order in late September and, in mid-December, was told it wouldn't be available until at least March. The original dealership (Coastal VW) said that VW wasn't even building the driver assistance package yet, which I knew to be BS. Thanks to a tip on another forum, I was able to find another one the same as what I'd ordered except for the exterior color (I'd originally ordered white), so I waited barely over three months for mine. I was told by the dealership to which it was delivered (VW of North Attleboro) that the car I bought had been ordered about seven months ago, but the person who placed the order, like me, got fed up with the wait and bought something else.

VW needs to clean up its ordering system. "Dysfunctional" is an inadequate description.

karn101 said:
Awesome man! Which dealership if you don't mind me asking? Just ordered mine last week. I'm in Queens and Nassau all the time.
FWIW, the tip I received was from Chris Farnham at Burlington VW in New Jersey. I don't know how convenient that would be for you, but if nothing else, the guy knows his stuff -- he was able to point me to the car I bought when I was on the verge of abandoning thoughts of buying a VW, and I didn't even buy from him. (I'm in Rhode Island, and the car just happened to be en route to the VW dealer closest to me.) People on the TDI Club forum[/quote] he frequents like him a lot. (He posts there as "3193," if you care to go there to contact him.)

After having black on the Mk6 but having beige on my Mk4, I really missed the beige. Black is just too dark for me.
For the past 22 years, my cars have had dark gray interiors. Black's too similar to that; I wanted a change of color! ;)

Korab said:
congrats from another non-GTI car on this forum!
We need to convert more members!
Mine's a TDI (although I considered doing a TSI S with sunroof).

1 - 20 of 294 Posts