VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well over a 1000 dollers later i've had my axle and hub assembly replaced after busting it b/c i was toooo low... so with abig smile on my face i went to pick up my ride last nite... get to the dealership and what do i see..... my hood pooped a bit so i pushed down and it poops back up... ok... i look at the front and OH NOOOOOOOO someone hit my car............ yep hood, grill, and bumper are all f'ed up.... what the heck is goin on why is my luck soooo bad w/ this car... so now i gotta wait till monday morn to go to the dealership to vent and get them to fix my car and get it new again.... not even 5000 miles.........ARGH!!!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Re: Well what else can go wrong w/ my jetta (jettaglisteve)

i would go to the dealership again b4 they open and take some pics for evidence , .just to be safe., sorry to hear that man.,,. gdlck

·
Registered
23,270 Posts
Re: Well what else can go wrong w/ my jetta (CIP Audi A4)

damn that really sucks about the front end damage, but for the axle and hub, sorry but you should know better on PA roads. I wouldnt trust anything over a 1" drop most of the time.

[Modified by Jettavr666, 11:35 AM 3-16-2003]

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Well what else can go wrong w/ my jetta (mk4 turbo gti)

well i was dropped 2.5 inc. so i was really low for an MKIV... but the axle thing is water under the bridge now... dosnt really bother me... i wanna play i gotta pay... so that is well upsettin... but the hit and run on my car is just plain old rude.... and at a dealership no less!!!!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts

well hey, if it's any consolation I hit a racoon at 1200 miles and shattered my front vailence on my 337. $700 later I had a nice new silver vailence thingie on the front of my car. Bummer. PS two weeks ago some one backed into my car and now I have $450 worth of scratches and gouges to take care of. Best of luck

·
Registered
11,197 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]i've had my axle and hub assembly replaced after busting it b/c i was toooo low..[HR][/HR]​
this part is your fault, you say you have weitec coils?
once you touch the susp your all on your own. and your car got hit?..well that sucks but poop happens.

·
Registered
15,430 Posts

dosnt really bother me... i wanna play i gotta pay... QUOTE]

It amazes me how well older dubbers grasp this concept with not problems whatsoever, but Joe 17-year-old expects the dealership to pay when his ghetto superchargered VR6 with stock fueling system leans out and frys some piston rings.
I'm a relative newbie to dubs, and I it is blatantly obvious waht the MKIV has done to the scene.
Props for someone honest in here who excepts responsibility and doesn't constantly attempt to rip off dealerships!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts