VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn car salesman are pushy. I am so bad at impulse buys that I almost bought one.
Anyway, about the car. I really enjoyed the ride and performance it had. Very fast and easy to drive. It handles awesome. I looked at the base one which was just over 28,000. I told the guy I was looking in like 2 months, because I wanted to part out my car. He asked me how much I would get for the parts and I said like $2000. He said I can match that and give you 2000 over for your trade and $500 over invoice for the car. Luckily, I said no, but man what a sweet ride!

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
Re: Went and test drove the 350Z (1.8t Sleeper)

Although very similar...I prefer the G35...just so much hotter...but both are equally nice in performance from what I've heard... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Went and test drove the 350Z (bizzeau)

Quote, originally posted by bizzeau »
Although very similar...I prefer the G35...just so much hotter...but both are equally nice in performance from what I've heard... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Yeah, I like the G35 too, but its quite a bit heavier and the Z just seems to move better and easier. I've driven both now and I actually like the sportiness of the Z, but the G35 is more of a cruiser.

·
Banned
773 Posts
Re: Went and test drove the 350Z (MidnightGLI)

1st, if you don't get the track model your a b tch
Second the Z is a very capable sport car.. best new car for the buck I suspect.. but god are those 50's refridgerator door handles hideous.. for that reason alone I would buy a G35

Modified by CountBlah....... at 6:20 PM 5-19-2004

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Re: Went and test drove the 350Z (CountBlah.......)

Quote, originally posted by CountBlah....... »
1st, if you don't get the treack model your a b tch
Second the Z is a very capable sport car.. best new car for the buck I suspect.. but god are those 50's refridgerator door handles hideos.. for that reason alone I would buy a G35

fully agree w/ the Count...........first, there's no point in getting the base model when there's the track edition. Its like getting a Golf 2.0 and expecting it to be as capable as an R32. Well, the comparison is a little off, but you get the idea. I would rather buy the car with everything (track model) rather than regret it after I bought it. BTW, those door handles are pitiful..... http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
4,965 Posts

Doesn't the Z have 20+hp over the G35 ?!? and those have to be the UGLYIST handles ever
Track edition or nothing

·
Registered
26,182 Posts
Re: Went and test drove the 350Z (volklover)

Quote, originally posted by volklover »
Doesn't the Z have 20+hp over the G35 ?!? and those have to be the UGLYIST handles ever
Track edition or nothing

well considering the g coupe is rated at 285hp, that means z has over 300? somebody correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Re: Went and test drove the 350Z (VR6inAZ)

As I understood it, and I'm too lazy to confirm it, the G35 Coupe out accelerates, out corners, and out brakes the 350Z. Read it in an article a year or so ago, but can't recall the magazine.

·
Banned
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Well, I really dont think Im going to do it right now anyway. But, yeah I would def want the track model. However, its like 37,000 out the door where the base would be 30 or 31,000. Dont get me wrong I understand that the track model is a better addition, but for that price I'd hit up the STI.

·
Registered
755 Posts

Quote, originally posted by 1.8t Sleeper »
Well, I really dont think Im going to do it right now anyway. But, yeah I would def want the track model. However, its like 37,000 out the door where the base would be 30 or 31,000. Dont get me wrong I understand that the track model is a better addition, but for that price I'd hit up the STI.

exactly.. why pay the difference when the base is lighter.. than all the other models.. and you get THE EXACT SAME ENGINE AND TRANNY ... oh but wait... 18" wheels... http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif ( would end up changing them anyway ) brembo's .. ( big wooopty frickin dooo ) and OH MY GOD .. NAVIGATION .. ( although very cool .... no need )

·
Banned
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Went and test drove the 350Z (VoolVR6)

Quote, originally posted by VoolVR6 »

exactly.. why pay the difference when the base is lighter.. than all the other models.. and you get THE EXACT SAME ENGINE AND TRANNY ... oh but wait... 18" wheels... http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif ( would end up changing them anyway ) brembo's .. ( big wooopty frickin dooo ) and OH MY GOD .. NAVIGATION .. ( although very cool .... no need )

That's what I was thinking. Plus, I already found some rims I liked for it.

·
Banned
773 Posts

Quote, originally posted by VoolVR6 »

I would do it solely for the brakes.. the additional chassis stiffening... and resale.. if you wanted different wheels it would be easirt to sell the track model 18's ect ect

·
Registered
8,010 Posts

Quote, originally posted by volklover »
UGLYIST handles ever

Major buzz kill when you pull a fridge handle and there's no beer in it!

There was a fully NISMO equipped Z on the showroom floor when my mom bought her Maxima...THAT was sweet. Too bad they wouldn't go for a buy-one get the next at half off deal...

·
Banned
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Yeah Im not a big fan of the handles either, but I saw one Z with them painted and they looked much better, like they were supposed to be on the car, not like the way they are stock.

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
Re: Went and test drove the 350Z (CountBlah.......)

Quote, originally posted by CountBlah....... »
1st, if you don't get the track model your a b tch
Second the Z is a very capable sport car.. best new car for the buck I suspect.. but god are those 50's refridgerator door handles hideous.. for that reason alone I would buy a G35
Modified by CountBlah....... at 6:20 PM 5-19-2004

bbbwwaaahhh refrigerator door handles

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
G35 = Over priced, yet sexy in every way.
Z = Fun car, especially with you get the drop top.
STI = Just can't go wrong with it :shrug:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts