VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to the track today in the 04 5 spd gti along with some of the fastest gti's in the country. last time if anyone remembers i was running low 16's all night
today my best 2 times were as follows.
r/t .764
60' 2.406
330 6.617
1/8 10.085
mph 70.21
1/4 15.592
mph 89.69
and
r/t .671
60' 2.388
330 6.612
1/8 10.072
mph 70.48
1/4 15.575
mph 89.98
unfortunately it was close to 90 degrees with about 50% humidity. i had everything in the car, hadn't taken the spare out or anything. also on 92 octane. can i improve? are 14's possible?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2.5-3 and slipping it. all i did was bog. then i tried nearly dumping it at 3 and just spun like a madman w/ tons of wheelhop.

·
Registered
8,493 Posts
Re: (Hickory)

make sure asr/esp is off.
try letting the clutch out around 3000rpm and don't let the revs drop below 2500 (k03 still makes full boost thre) once the clutch is all the way out floor it and shift right before the tach hits redline as it reads a bit slow.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Re: went back to the track in the stock 1.8t today (Hickory)

You cant drive for $hit, my buddy went 14.68 @ 95.1 stock with a 2.2 60ft. Practice some more...your trap seems really low. I am ok and I went 15.3 with a crappy 2.5 60ft. I wouldnt even post those times if I were you...

·
Registered
9,305 Posts
Re: went back to the track in the stock 1.8t today (stvo)

Quote, originally posted by stvo »
You cant drive for $hit, my buddy went 14.68 @ 95.1 stock with a 2.2 60ft. Practice some more...your trap seems really low. I am ok and I went 15.3 with a crappy 2.5 60ft. I wouldnt even post those times if I were you...

Youy are telling him he cant drive but say that you are ok when you only ran 2-3 tenths faster?
Thats only about a car lengths difference

·
Registered
8,493 Posts

This forum is for help, not for clowns like you to bag on people. If you want that go down to the mental hospital and make fun of those people, you cold heartless...........

·
Banned
6,686 Posts

This is the post of a moron. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,081 Posts

my buddy went 14.68 @ 95.1 stock with a 2.2 60ft.

get off your buddys nutz cause thats like the 4th post I've seen you swinging from them because he ran a 14.6. lets see you do that Jeff Gordon

·
Registered
303 Posts
Re: went back to the track in the stock 1.8t today (schrickedVR6)

Quote, originally posted by schrickedVR6 »

get off your buddys nutz cause thats like the 4th post I've seen you swinging from them because he ran a 14.6. lets see you do that Jeff Gordon

Ditto.
As for the original poster the best I can describe it to you is if your bogging at your current launch rpms add another 500 to it and whatever you do don't dump the clutch. Keep practicing slipping the clutch like you have been. Basically what you want to do is let out the clutch about 3/4 of the way when you launch. As soon as you feel the clutch grabbing keep an eye on your revs if you see the needle start to drop give it more gas. After that it's basically feeling your way through the launch. You'll figure it out soon enough. Also remember to adjust your tire pressures for a little extra traction. 20front/40rear are the usual recommendations, I think? Good luck to you on your next attempts.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Re: went back to the track in the stock 1.8t today (schrickedVR6)

Quote, originally posted by schrickedVR6 »

HA HA HA HA...Right on...he better be glad he's behind his buddies computer or I would punch him to the ground then tell hickory that he just needs a little practice. I have crappy starts myself...but they are getting better...we own one of the hardest cars to launch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts