VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and shes torn between a kia optima and a new jetta. admittedly, i know nothing about kia's except that they have an insane warranty. can anyone fill me in with their experiences?
also-- the salesman we had at the vw gallery onthe automile sucked. i corrected him numerous times on the 2.0 motor and features in the car. he had nothing to say but "kias are junk, why do you want one?" i did speak with another guy there-- charles doble, about the some cars and he fille dme in on the r32. i need one. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
1,055 Posts
Re: went car shopping with the gf... (MicrobiologyNerd)

my ex had one not a bad car for the 7g she paid for it. she got 6 year extended warranty aftermarket and 3 years left on it from kia...its a sephia

·
Registered
20,450 Posts
Re: went car shopping with the gf... (quick_huh)

dont kias have one of the worst crash ratings?
tell her to get a 2004 jetta gls 1.8t she will be all set. go to bernardi, they just sold my buddy one last week there at invoice (just under 18k)

·
Banned
1,055 Posts
Re: went car shopping with the gf... (VW1990CORRADO)

Quote, originally posted by VW1990CORRADO »
tell her to get a 2004 jetta gls 1.8t she will be all set. go to bernardi, they just sold my buddy one last week there at invoice (just under 18k)

yeah will it will make you happy you know it will

·
Registered
7,865 Posts

go to bernardi, they just sold my buddy one last week there at invoice (just under 18k)

hehe my brother said he talked to you.
Will go to Quirk, they are selling 1.8t GTIs and Jettas for around 15k.

·
Banned
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: went car shopping with the gf... (CorradoG60)

Quote, originally posted by CorradoG60 »

hehe my brother said he talked to you.
Will go to Quirk, they are selling 1.8t GTIs and Jettas for around 15k.

new? used? checking now... thanks guys... the wife just imed me-- she found the mazda 3 and likes it...

·
Registered
1,548 Posts

Quote, originally posted by MicrobiologyNerd »
i know nothing about kia's except that they have an insane warranty. can anyone fill me in with their experiences?

I think a scene from the movie Tommy Boy can best explain this.
Old guy: "Where's the garentee on the box, I want it on the box! Its there smiling at me, comforting me that im good and if anything happens im going to make it all better!"
Tommy: "Ya know why they put the gareentee on the box, cause they know your selling ya a gareenteed piece of crap. If ya want me to crap in a box and label it gareented, i'll do that for ya. I got alot of space time on my hands, but for your customers sake, your sake and your daughter's sake you'll by a real product from me."

·
Registered
7,865 Posts

New Will. I'm not totally positive if that is the rate now. Thats how it was a couple of months ago when they were trying to get rid of the huge over stock. But its worth a trip to find out.

·
Registered
7,661 Posts

and shes torn between a kia optima and a new jetta. admittedly, i know nothing about kia's except that they have an insane warranty. can anyone fill me in with their experiences?
also-- the salesman we had at the vw gallery onthe automile sucked. i corrected him numerous times on the 2.0 motor and features in the car. he had nothing to say but "kias are junk, why do you want one?" i did speak with another guy there-- charles doble, about the some cars and he fille dme in on the r32. i need one. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

K.I.A.= Keep It Away!! My wife and I made the mistake of buying one. Got rid of it just 4 months later. Took a major beating, too, but the best thing we did getting another VW.
Gallery VW is where I've bought two VW's and my mother one as well. Rich Spinelli, VW Sales Mgr. took care of both of us very nicely, although the sales woman was new and I did know a bit more about the car than she did. She was very enthusiastic, friendly, and not pushy. I was in there three different times driving Beetles and Jettas before leasing the GTI I ended up with.
I've also had some good dealings with Bernardi... Bought my wife's car from Quirk, went back to buy my car from them (quickly became a horror story for another thread
) Newest ride is from Manchester, but then again we live in NH now...
Heck, help the GF get whatever, just don't let her buy a KIA!!!

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Bernardi is crap, absolute crap! Stuck up pricks. I go by that place everytime I get my car serviced at wellesley. Much nicer and down to earth people.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Re: (RECTHEGR8)

Kia's a good car all around if you don't beat on it. If you beat on it, guess what, it breaks. Nice part about that is it doesn't matter because it can get fixed no problem.
Vw's a nice car, pretty tough to break, but when you do, you're somewhat more stuck to a limited warranty.
I'll take the VW anyday myself, but it's all a matter of how much she's going to take care of the car. If she does, then get the VW, if she wants to romp, go for the Kia

·
Registered
1,891 Posts

You and your GF both need my car, not an R32. See sig.

Also, I do work for Gallery VW and their service guys don't know jack about R32's or "Phantoms" (Phaetons) as one of them called it. LOL, clueless. Had to do some correcting myself during some light conversation with a couple of them. heh.

·
Registered
7,865 Posts
Re: (RECTHEGR8)

Quote, originally posted by RECTHEGR8 »
Bernardi is crap, absolute crap! Stuck up pricks. I go by that place everytime I get my car serviced at wellesley. Much nicer and down to earth people.

Please explain, Wellesely sucks big d!ck. Thats were I got my Jetta and they fu cked me twice. Once on the sale and second on the rims...they put "brand new"ones on and they were gouged to sh it, Never mind they have about 3 VW techs there now. VWoA got a nice letter from me about them. The reason Wellesley is nice is because they have to put up with the high maintenance, rich little, douchbags from that area.
As for Bernardi, I don't know about the salesmen, but their service is awesome. I know some people say they suck, and they take too long. This is because they get cars from all of the other dealerships fu ck ups. Like when the car comes in they Bernardi has no service history on that car. The techs have to go through the whole thing to see what was replaced. Then when they find the problem order the part and that depends on if the part is in stock or not. As for the wait period they're backed up for a couple of months, because of the recalls and all the other cars coming in from different dealerships. I heard they have a new tech starting there next Moday. You have no idea.

Modified by CorradoG60 at 7:45 AM 2-18-2004

Modified by CorradoG60 at 7:46 AM 2-18-2004

·
Banned
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: went car shopping with the gf... (Dr. Edlocks)

Quote, originally posted by Dr. Edlocks »
You and your GF both need my car, not an R32. See sig.

Also, I do work for Gallery VW and their service guys don't know jack about R32's or "Phantoms" (Phaetons) as one of them called it. LOL, clueless. Had to do some correcting myself during some light conversation with a couple of them. heh.

i might be able to get her to go for your car, i'll ask. me... i'm still dreaming of an r32 and trying to figure out how i can afford it

·
Registered
11,512 Posts
Re: went car shopping with the gf... (germantoydeux)

Quote, originally posted by germantoydeux »
1 word 1 number = mazda 3

Holy crap, Nicole had a good idea, everyone write down the date!!!!!

J/K Nicky poo. Get the Mazda 3, no doubt.

·
Registered
20,450 Posts

me... i'm still dreaming of an r32 and trying to figure out how i can afford it

thats funny i do that daily. and now my friends are convincing me i can afford it

·
Registered
3,655 Posts

ricky those have the highest price to fix after an acedint.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts