VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for an impromptu drive with a couple of friends today. Turned out to be really enjoyable!! Have attached pics

We started off in Beecroft and went up the Old Pacific Highway. Lots of cyclists and motobikers. Headed up towards Peats Ridge. Passed a couple of cop cars and a cop bike. The GTI became the support and photo car

Pulled off at the side of the road near Mooney Mooney ( I think) and 5 seconds later a blue cop car heading the other way did a U-Turn and booked a ute going at a speed deemed to be too fast. Friend in the RS Replica was extremely happy we stopped for a break

Anyway, we headed through Mangrove Mountain (?) towards Wiseman's Ferry. The twisties heading towards Wiseman's Ferry were great. They let the GTI lead this section, so no pics, but took some pics when we stopped and waited for the ferry

Scratched the bottom of the front spoiler trying to get on the ferry, but thankfully, it's not noticeable. The RS scratched the front towbar and the rear exhaust though.
Stopped off for brunch on the otherside and when we came out, I snapped this

The rest of the trip was uneventful. Headed back through Glenorie but didn't go through Galston/Hornsby as we were running short on time. Left my friends in Beecroft and on my way back home, saw this on Pacific Highway, just after the turn off from Epping Road. (Sorry, phone camera shot)

Had a great day, and thoroughly enjoyed my GTI
Now, I gotta go back to work so I can afford the GTI

· Registered
619 Posts
Re: Went for a nice drive today (dodgey)

Sweet, sweet roads!
I saw the boys in blue out & decided to just go home in a leisurely manner...
If you have the time, keep going at Mangrove up through Wollombi. Go straight ahead (after stopping at the pub for lunch), very carefully if you are with the P-cars as the surface is crap for a few km, then about 20km past that the road ends at Putty Rd. Turn left and enjoy the drive back. If you are not completely done by then, you can turn left just out of Windsor towards Pitt Town and cross Cattai Ridge Rd to Glenorie to top off a great day out!
If you see a navy blue (looks black) A4 out having a go, chase me & say Hi!

· Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Went for a nice drive today (ratty_)

Quote, originally posted by ratty_ »
Sweet, sweet roads!
I saw the boys in blue out & decided to just go home in a leisurely manner...
If you see a navy blue (looks black) A4 out having a go, chase me & say Hi!

Yeah, first time for me. I've heard of Putty Road. Might have to check it out next time. We had a deadline this time. I have the say the boys in blue were pretty generous. The only stop I saw them doing was when the ute was speeding at a pretty high rate.
Will do!! It wont be the last time we do it I think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.