VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Pretty neat stuff! What's with those fenders laying there next to the blue RWB? Are those the original fenders they cut off to show as a comparison?

·
Registered
12,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Because Richmond.
:laugh::beer: He knows.

While I was taking the picture of the GT3, a white Aventador drove by behind me :p

Then there are the innumerable M cars, AMGs and GTRs which are so plentiful at this point that they hardly warrant a second glance. I saw 8 Teslas today, too, ha.

Pretty neat stuff! What's with those fenders laying there next to the blue RWB? Are those the original fenders they cut off to show as a comparison?
I'm not too sure. I went on the second day that it was going on. I heard from some others that they were doing work on the blue car as a live demo, so possibly?

·
Banned
36,395 Posts
Not saying Asian kids, but ....

·
Registered
8,969 Posts
I was visiting family in Vancouver last October and couldn't believe how many high-$$$$$ cars the college kids were driving. It's insane. But can't complain about that eye candy. I did see a 458 get pulled over for being stupid in Richmond near the mall.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Where is this alternate universe in which you exist?

Thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
So, you live on the set of Fast and Furious?

·
Registered
6,991 Posts
I knew signs in Canada were supposed to have two languages, but I always thought it was English and French, not English and Chinese.

I'll take the red Maserati, please.

·
Registered
12,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You live walking distance from China??
Richmond has a population of ~200,000 people, 60% of which are Asian immigrants.

I knew signs in Canada were supposed to have two languages, but I always thought it was English and French, not English and Chinese.
The prominence of Chinese language signage and lack of English signage has been a hot topic for quite a while and hasn't really gone anywhere...

I was going to say the R34 trumps all, but that SLR 722... :eek:
Rare editions of cars are, well, not so rare here.

For example, there are only 200 Jag XFR-S allotted for America over its two model year run (though I'm not exactly sure what quantity was sent to Canada). There are at least four XFR-S in Richmond that I've seen to-date, including the white one pictured in the OP.

The SLR 722S? There are only 150 of them in the world :laugh:

·
Registered
35,007 Posts
So now...if I was to show up in Richmond with the TR6...it would draw more attention than a Ferrari 458? :laugh:

And if I was to show up in a Scirocco...I'd just get kicked out? :laugh:

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
So now...if I was to show up in Richmond with the TR6...it would draw more attention than a Ferrari 458? :laugh:

And if I was to show up in a Scirocco...I'd just get kicked out? :laugh:
You wouldn't get in, in the first place. You're not on the list. Back of the line. :laugh:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts