VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i found a few old saabs and volvos today with turbos. but i have no idea what size any of them are
i found:
-89 audi 200 quattro turbo
-88 saab 9000 turbo
-91 volvo 740 turbo
-some 85 saab turbo (no way to distinquish model)
can anybody help me figure out which one would be best for a 2.0 8v 9:1.
i'm looking for 200 horsepower for now, 250 later
thanks for the help
cory

· Registered
4,832 Posts
Re: went to the junkyard today....need some help (gopher11)

Strip the saab 9000..you can use the turbo manifoild but you will have to cut and block off one of thee exhuast runners since its a 5cyl..everything else should bolt up..if i am wrong..sombody please chime in..

· Registered
890 Posts
Re: went to the junkyard today....need some help (Vdubsolo)

Quote, originally posted by Vdubsolo »
Strip the saab 9000..you can use the turbo manifoild but you will have to cut and block off one of thee exhuast runners since its a 5cyl..everything else should bolt up..if i am wrong..sombody please chime in..

· Registered
1,878 Posts
Re: went to the junkyard today....need some help (Vdubsolo)

Quote, originally posted by Vdubsolo »

Are you thinking Audi 5000? Isn't the Saab 9000 a four cylinder?
5000, 9000, whatever it takes...

· Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay so i went and got the saab 9000 turbo today. took me 3 hours! the model number is tb0356.
so what kind of pressure can i run with this thing? max hp? can i switch the compressor side to a .60?
and i dont really think this thing will bolt up to an 8valve head, maybe i'm wrong.
thanks for all your help
cory

· Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh wow awesome....theres actually a website for junkyard turbos haha
i'm gonna have to watch that auction too
also...i called a local turbo installer, turbo connection, and they said it would be at least 300 bucks to send it out to get rebuilt
do you think i really need it? there's really no play in the shaft
and the downpipe/intake tube were connected when i took it off. so the inside of the turbo has been sealed
the paint on the side of the car said 112,xxx miles
thanks
cory

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.