VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to the junkyard today to pick up a passenger mirror cover and n/a lip. i stumbled across a mulberry GTI with a vr6
i took a quick walkaround, and the body was real straight.
the side moldings were removed, and the spaces were filled/bondoed, but not painted
interior - party on the go
but it was immaculate http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
there was an aftermarket shifter, it was blue and yellow (not sure of the brand
it has an h&r cupkit, not sure what the drop is
the car looked pretty good, and i've been looking for a weekend warrior for auto X and stuff.
THE PROBLEMS:
the plug wires were removed
the shifter won't leave 3rd gear

the gauges weren't unplugged, they were cut

and it needs a new rear windshield
MY QUESTION: i really want to pick up this car, but i'm not sure what the guy at the junkyard wants for it. what kind of offer should I make him?
thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Re: went to the junkyard today (geoffsta99)

wel your going to need a new/rebuilt tranny. And you can't check to see what condition the engine is in (plug wires removed?) so i would say start real low. If he can get it running and show you the engine is in good condition then go up a little bit. I'd be afraid of it not starting though.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Re: went to the junkyard today (90sicksgls)

Quote, originally posted by 90sicksgls »
If the body is straight, why is it in a JUNKYARD? ask before you offer him anything.

totaled becuase of the sheisty tranny, make him an offer he cant refuse. i would be tempted to.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (Tatsu)

Quote, originally posted by Tatsu »
Well I picked up a 1983 RX-7 out of the my local junk yard and paid $200 for it.

was it pretty sh*tted up tho? this car is really clean inside and out, except for the shaved side moldings being only half done.

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
Re: (geoffsta99)

i know a local guy, picked up an 87 GLI 16V in pristine condition 3 cars away from the crusha' and it only set him back $300 at the yard. all it needed was a new clutch and tires and now he has a daily driver 16V, even made it to auburn hills MI without any problems.
id say offer him $300-1000 at most.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: went to the junkyard today (terrycable6)

Quote, originally posted by terrycable6 »

totaled becuase of the sheisty tranny, make him an offer he cant refuse. i would be tempted to.

you think this is the reason it's there? i doubt the engine and tranny would crap out at the same time, so the engine probly still runs?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.