VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only one week to the next season. I started re-watching season 2, it's surprising how much detail I have forgotten.
Reviews and spoilers have started popping up, so I am avoiding any related content on the internet for the next week.
Good to hear that Aaron Paul from Breaking Bad is joining the cast also.
One interesting excerpt from Wikipedia "As a result of the complaints about the complex narrative of Season 2, showrunners*Jonathan Nolan*and Lisa Joy stated that season 3 would have a much more comprehensible story line, with Nolan stating "This season is a little less of a guessing game and more of an experience with the hosts finally getting to meet their makers."

Sent from using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Yes on Delores, she's definitely developed /evolved to embrace the outside world. She reminds me of Villanelle from the Killing Eve series. ( I won't say any more to avoid spoilers).

I'm not sure I like the fundamental shift in the series style, but HBO felt they needed a change to attract more casual viewers.
It is what it is. there's still a lot of plot lines, and one needs to focus on the episodes to catch all the subtleties.
I just think the transition in style and plot could have been a little more gradual.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I watched the final episode 8, it ended with a strong finish. Definately not as good this season, I think Joy and Nolan need to ease up on the dumbing down of plot to appeal to the 'average viewers need for an easy to follow set of story lines. Half the fun of the series was follow-up discussion with fellow viewers.
Hopefully next season will strike a better balance between the current ones.

Sent from using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts