VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a rather large wet drivers side carpet in my 2001 Jetta. The carpet is only located in the center of the drivers side area carpet. It is not wet anywhere else. I do not think the windows or sunroof are leaking. I put the car on jacks and saw on the drivers side one of these rubber gromets was partilly off up front. In the back drivers side there is another gromet. When I pushed on the side of the gromet with a screw driver I got water running out.
I guess my question is what might be causing such a puddle only in a select area of the drivers side carpet. THANKS

·
Registered
249 Posts
Re: Wet Carpet (apsteinberg)

thats the sun roof drainage thing. The dealership cut the little ends of the nipples off mine, and now it just drains properaly without the water buildup. the wetness under the carpet their is a result of that, i had the *exact* same thing, and it caused my car to smell like crayons too

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Of course it has smelled like crayons...I never really noticed it until a friend pointed it out...Does anyone know why it smells like that. Can someone point me in the right direction in a how to for empying the sunroof drains. Thanks

·
Registered
688 Posts
it smells like crayons because of the wax or some kind of sealant they use for the body of the car apaprently. there was a post about it a while ago. for the sunroof drains just got to the DIY forums and there will be a link for it under interior i believe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went into the Technical section under interiors and only see a posting about the topic...nothing specific on a how to. I know everyone is busy, but if anyone has the specific link to the how to I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Re: (apsteinberg)

Quote, originally posted by apsteinberg »
I went into the Technical section under interiors and only see a posting about the topic...nothing specific on a how to. I know everyone is busy, but if anyone has the specific link to the how to I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for the help
o man when i heard wet carpet i got excited but then i realized there were no pics.. double meaning

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.