VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a good night at the Cirque du Soleil last night, I woke up this morning swearing at the grey weather. Walked over to the building elevator, go down to P3, see my car leaning funny behind the Xterra that parks next to me. *Thinking crap flat tire on the left side* Get closer and find one side of my car on a widow maker, the other side resting on a brake rotor and a spare tire. Fuuuuuuk. Entire driver window removed in one piece - dashed ripped open. F'n slackers in this world.

R's seen better days. Clowns made off with a set of VMR V710's + Pioneer dash unit. Nothing else [fortunately I guess]. Hope I run into these guys some time soon.

· Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope. Didn't think I needed to worry about the wheel locks b/c a) I didn't think people would think the wheels were worth much trouble for an b) didn't think I needed to worry being in a garage.

My bad for no locks. But seriously? Clean entry and I guess thoughtful extraction of the Pioneer. Widow maker for the jack though. It's too bad it didn't drop the car one of 'em.

· Registered
2,484 Posts
Nope. Didn't think I needed to worry about the wheel locks b/c a) I didn't think people would think the wheels were worth much trouble for an b) didn't think I needed to worry being in a garage.

My bad for no locks. But seriously? Clean entry and I guess thoughtful extraction of the Pioneer. Widow maker for the jack though. It's too bad it didn't drop the car one of 'em.
That is terrible, you never think it is going to happen, and then it does. Hope everything gets worked out smoothly for you.

· Registered
3,754 Posts
and I'm sitting here bitching about my dented aftermarket exhaust. :(

Sorry man, that blows. Hope the asshats get something for it, but given the way our legal system works, I doubt anything will happen. :banghead:

· Registered
1,655 Posts
:mad:

I would be sick to my stomach coming out to find that. Friggin' worthless savages. This is why I hate the human race. But I would always choose that type of damage over sheetmetal or paint damage.

· Banned
11,983 Posts
This is horrible :(. I hope everything works out for you though :thumbdown:

Reminds me I need to buy wheel locks myself :what:

· Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Actually it's the garage where I live. Secure garage never actually means secure. Key fob required to get in, nothing required to get out. Too bad. Could have gotten interesting if the guys couldn't get out of the garage.

· Registered
1,130 Posts
Sorry to see this, I've had a VW broken into and it's a sh$tty feeling. Any damage to the body from sitting on the spare and the widow maker? Isdereks, do you live in the tristate? I truly believe in karma, so one day who ever did this will pay many fold.

· Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I didn't get a chance to look at the undercarriage. Considering the spare and widow maker were placed under non-load bearing areas something probably got bent. I don't live in the tristate area, Seattle.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.