VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It rained like hell last nite and when i took my car out for a drive today l found a wet spot on the floor. Passenger side, front. the seat is completly drive...so it wasnt my sunroof(cause that seal is goin on me) It soaked through the carpet and completly saturated the pad underneath..I know my water pump is going..could it have been that??...theres def no rust on the floor so iits not coming from underneath.. someone please hook me up...maybe the door wasnt closed all the way??..what do you think?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Re: wet Floor..need some help (vdubbinit)

What position was your vent in when you left it?
I had the following problem: It would rain hard and I had my vent off (0 position, my car has AC). Water would collect in the fresh air blower under the hood near the firewall. When I turned the heater or any part of the vent on, the water collected there would splash into the passenger footwell.
The drip tray covering the fresh air blower intake was positioned slightly wrong. I just unclipped it and made sure it was completely covered, and that all the drain holes were clear. Amazingly, problem solved...

·
Registered
4,490 Posts

I had a similar problem. It also rained like hell the other nite at my place but my pass. side rear footwell is soaked all the way to the mat. I think the the problems with the front are the vapor barrier in the door, fresh air intake for blower, and sunroof seal, also check out the front sunroof drain hole. Does anybody have any idea on the rear footwell?

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Re: wet Floor..need some help (secretsquirrel)

where's the drip tray? my back floor has been soaked for like 2 weeks (that's how long it's been cold and rainy). it's really beginning to piss me off!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Re: wet Floor..need some help (A2GTI_8V)

Back floor means vapor barrier most likely. Take your door cards off, pour a pitcher of water down the window and watch that water leak into your car

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Re: wet Floor..need some help (Tarmac)

My door and top middle windshield leaks. I know I need new lining for the door but what can i do with the windshield besides taking itout? no cauk!

·
Registered
4,490 Posts

Well what if it is not your sunroof seal, door vapor barriors, fresh air inlet/rain tray. I have checked all of this out and all are good.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts

There are also holes in the bottom of each door that let rain water or in my case snow water come out they get clogged with gunk. I have a problem with the factory waxy substance dripping out. The Vapor barrier is another one thats common.

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Re: wet Floor..need some help (88JETTEXTREME)

I have the same problem. It was coming in the fresh air intake under the rain tray. The tray was positioned correctly, the air vent cover in place, and all drain holes were clear.... it was still getting in around the vent seal. I did the economical fix, I helped seal the vent in with silicon on top of the factory seal. It hasn't leaked since but I haven't been in the heavy rain like last week... it did pass the garden hose test however

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Re: wet Floor..need some help (1992jetta-2)

wait, i've figured it out, tbird comes over to my house every night, breaks into my car and pisses on the back floor.
also, he's gay!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts