VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to find out were the water is getting in , but after a rain the floor is wet and the fuse box is damp , the wippers will not shut off and the oil light will not go out, does anyone have any suggestions.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Re: wet fuse box (84A1)

Quote, originally posted by 84A1 »
I can't seem to find out were the water is getting in , but after a rain the floor is wet and the fuse box is damp , the wippers will not shut off and the oil light will not go out, does anyone have any suggestions.

you have a rusted rain tray.........if you take off all the sound deadening in your rain tray you will see the holes/rust in there. Thats the only spot where water comes in from. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
413 Posts
Re: wet fuse box (84A1)

rabbits leak from many places, and water dripping on the fuse box has caused al kinds of problems for me.
1-the lower corners of the windshield, flows behind the dash onto the fusebox.
2- inside the fenders in the upper corner, gets rusted out from all the water being thrown up from the wheels, goes the same place.
3-The drains on your rain tray are probably full of crap, there is one on each side, clear them out.
4-pull your door panels and make sure the plastic vape barrier is up.
there are more but those are the main places to check.
If your windshield is suspect, and i bet thats where its coming from, buy some "flowable silicone" to squirt under the gasket. that may do it, but the real answer is pulling the windshield, repairing the corners and gluing the windshield back in, being sure to use excessive amounts of glue.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: wet fuse box (mountaindubs)

I think that the windsheild is where my problem is coming from as the corners have a gap from the body , the seal has shrunk. thanks for your help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.