VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the most safest nos setup to run on a vr6. I have head from some that wet is the way to go then others say dry because of the way the intake is and it can blow up on a wet system.
I know they are not safe but what one is safer

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Re: wet or dry (da frog)

Nitrous is very safe if you know what your doing.
Wet = extra fuel is interduced along with the nitrous
dry = your fuel injectors have to supply all the nesserary fuel.. only introus is interduced into the intake.
You can run either one safely, but wet gives you that extra protection.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Re: wet or dry (nycvr6)

I was told that a wet NOS injection system allowed for more even distribution of the NOS. Also, that a dry system didn't distribute the NOS very well, causing hot spots in the cylinder, leading to block/head failure type stuff.
Anybody got more info?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: wet or dry (84_GLI_coupe)

I was told that a wet system unless its a direct port is not good because of the intake and that i should run a dry setup but i was wondedring what everyone has and thinks

·
Banned
6,686 Posts
Re: wet or dry (joeZX6)

Definately not wet...I have first hand experience with both wet and dry kits, i am not talking from what ive hear, but what ive actually seen and done....About the wet kit distributing the nitrous more evenly, NOT TRUE, both the wet and dry single fogger kis introduce the nitrous in the same exact way, through a single fogger in the intake tube...Only way to get perfectly equal nitrous distribution on a vr6 is by using a direct port kit, which i feel is the only time a wet kit should be used on a vr6 ad the best kit period...I have a lot of experience with directport as well...For small shots (anything under 100) i would never use anyhing but a dry kit, the vr6 intake manifold WAS NOT designed to flow fuel, therefore fuel puddling can occur causing some serious damage..Not to mention possibly starving the motor of fuel during nitrous usage...On an other car, maybe wet is smarter...BUT, we are talking about the vr6..I ran a dry kit for over year with a 85 shot with 0 problems, and i managed a [email protected] mph on street tires....Take it from someone who has experience with every nitrous kit available, I have also read books on nitrous, know a sh!tload about the stuff...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts