VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a little interior makeover last week, but the camera was was being fixed, did some burberry columns and black suede headliner, plus took a few pics of the car.

· Registered
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not everything is for everyone

· Registered
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea, the front end still has to be molded/painted, and yes i did cover it myself, wasnt too bad, thanks guys

· Registered
9,891 Posts
Re: Whaaaaat Oh No He Didn't!!!! (xXGti2006Xx)

IMO, the Burberry accents look really out of place. If it was Black Burberry it would flow a lot better. As it stands the color you used matches nothing on/in the car. If you like it, cool. But I think it can be improved upoon by using a diffrent color Burberry.

· Registered
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no i agree that it doesnt match anything in the car, but when you are inside the car it is a much different feel, when you sit in the car all you see are the pillars unless you look up so it looks good, then when you look up theres black suede, but hey, i did the whole job for 60$ so i am pleased

· Registered
9,891 Posts
Re: (Cass944)

Quote, originally posted by Cass944 »

and why it the pattern on yours so small?

I think you mean why is the pattern on yours so large. Diffrent replicas are made diffrently, obviously. The pattern should not be as far as apart as it is in your car though.
For refrence:

Modified by dragon813gt at 9:33 PM 8-18-2006

· Registered
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
replica burberry, basically a plaid that looks very similar, but has more rich colors, that i liked, what glue did you use for your headliner? Any sagging?

· Registered
5,726 Posts
Re: (xXGti2006Xx)

thats weird i was gonna do that EXACT same setup .. black suede and tan burberry .. but then i saw this stretchy camo material .. and me being me .. haddddd to get the camo .. WHORE TIME

as you can see .. my decklid is burberry .. tried doing that to see if i was sucessful which i was .. so then i moved onto spendin the big bucks and being ballzy and doin the whole headliner .. looks good man .. BUT WOULD LOOK 200 TIMES BETTER IF U GOT BLACK TRIM PIECES

· Registered
13,353 Posts
Re: (XrevoXgtiX)

I'm all for redoing interiors, but if you do it, you have to go all the way.
What I mean is all the little accents... grab handles, door seals, visors, mirror, sunroof console, seatbelt hardware and map lights need to match your upgrade/changes. If not, it throws the whole look off.
A+ for effort http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
9,891 Posts
Re: (KG18t)

Quote, originally posted by KG18t »
what the... burbury??? WHY? are you middle aged yuppie houswives???

Yes, yes we are all middle aged housewives
Atleat spell it right if you're going to bash it
And compared to the other designers I can get Burberry is one of the classier ones. It really does give off a MKV vibe in the right color. Someone needs to cover their headliner in Pink Burberry http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
I also agress that if you're going to redo your headliner you need to modify everything. It just looks incomplete when the plastic pieces are a diffrent color.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.