VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

· Registered
3,365 Posts
People are staring too much at that nav screen to pay attention to where they're going.
Its not nav screens, it's phones. people are freaking addicted to them. They cannot put them down, and they have to respond to every ding immediately.

I've literally lost count of how many idiots I've seen watiching tv shows or videos driving down the road, weaving all over the place.

Then there's the hold the phone like a sandwich and use speakerphone all the time people driving around gesturing with their phones instead of driving.

PUT THE DAMN PHONE DOWN.

· Registered
3,365 Posts
So now the question is, are there more intoxicated drivers on the roads than before?

Or maybe is there less law enforcement attention on the roads, leading to the same number of intoxicated drivers being caught less frequently and/or driving more miles before they're caught?
yes but it's becuase there are vastly way way more drivers on the roads now than there was 20 or even 10 years ago. also law enforcement in general doesn't give a fark about traffic laws. The only time the up the game is for political wins during certain times of the year, or when they get called out in the media.

· Registered
7,300 Posts
yes but it's becuase there are vastly way way more drivers on the roads now than there was 20 or even 10 years ago. also law enforcement in general doesn't give a fark about traffic laws. The only time the up the game is for political wins during certain times of the year, or when they get called out in the media.
Nice try, law enforcement officers get crucified by the media.

· Registered
16,184 Posts
Was coming here to post this. My mom told me about it this morning on the phone, as this is right down the road from them. Just so sad… it seems as though every month there’s a case of a wrong way driver on I-40. 99% of the time they’re drunk and it’s during late night/early morning.
I'm in NC too and that accident brought me back to the thread. Sad news.

Seems like we had another incident not long ago.

· Registered
2,707 Posts
Its not nav screens, it's phones. people are freaking addicted to them. They cannot put them down, and they have to respond to every ding immediately.

I've literally lost count of how many idiots I've seen watiching tv shows or videos driving down the road, weaving all over the place.

Then there's the hold the phone like a sandwich and use speakerphone all the time people driving around gesturing with their phones instead of driving.

PUT THE DAMN PHONE DOWN.

· Registered
1,456 Posts
Not sure how this is playing out nationally, but here in CT there has been a recent surge of wrong way driver incidents. A recent one killed a prominent politician who had just attended the inaugural ball.

Just last night:

Golf:

Check this out.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts